• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak_Illinois hiring.

Amtrak hires 7 officers in Chicago.

ok......?...

Comment

They did or are? U have to be certified right?

Comment

Tenses!?!?!

How do they work

Comment

Ill find out if you need to certified. My cousin is an officer for them...

p.s. I know they had the application open about a year ago. So our friend truechi might be speaking PAST TENSE...
          Vaya con dios

Comment

Amtrak PD (Chicago) plans on testing this year to hire quite a few officers. No concrete date has been set. The original poster is correct on the fact that they are going to hand final offers out to 7 individuals soon that are finishing up their medicals.

Any questions regarding this department, you can PM me.

Comment

Do you have to be "FULL" time certified to be qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy_2006 View Post
                Do you have to be "FULL" time certified to be qualified.
                Amtrak PD sent 3 to the Chicago Police Academy last August to be certified. They are looking to revamp the department with younger officers.

Comment

Amtrak around here (DC) go to FLETC for their academy. Wonder if the Chicago department would take a FLETC cert. If so, I'd be looking at them come the next announcement.
                  This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

They are currently accepting applications on their website until 03/26/12.

Comment

Amtrak will send to an ILETSB accredited academy for Chicago (a regular Illinois academy).

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                          Amtrak PD sent 3 to the Chicago Police Academy last August to be certified. They are looking to revamp the department with younger officers.
                          Um, that would be considered discrimination if they are basing hiring on age. It's against the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
                            Um, that would be considered discrimination if they are basing hiring on age. It's against the law.
                            Um...not if they made a 21-35 age requirement like a whole lot of departments do including federal agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
                              The last hiring cycle consisted of hiring roughly 14 officers, 11 of them were laterals and the age range for them was 25-45ish. The other 3 young guys were sent to the academy. I'd have a tough time proving they were discriminating.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9331 users online. 438 members and 8893 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X