300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick.G View Post
    So it's not the official? On this is confusing because that ones good till 2016
    Idk, it is confusing. Maybe I'm wrong. But I feel like there's no way out of that whole room only 7 people passed.

Comment

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
      Idk, it is confusing. Maybe I'm wrong. But I feel like there's no way out of that whole room only 7 people passed.
      I was quite irritated when I saw that.

Comment

I was quite irritated when I saw that.
        Hey guys, It is a bit confusing, but let me try and explain.

The current list that is on the website now was certified August 12, 2014, expires Aug 12, 2016, and only has 7 people on it.

Speculation: They realized they needed more than 7 people on a list (Maybe a larger hire than expected?), so they tested again on November 22, 2014 (The video test that we all took at Elgin Community College)

So they will be contacting the people that tested on Nov 22nd, 2014 in the near (or not so near) future for oral interviews, and comprise a "back up" list to the one certified on Aug 12, 2014, I believe.

This is my speculation of course...

Comment

Originally posted by iguana8334 View Post
          Hey guys, It is a bit confusing, but let me try and explain.

The current list that is on the website now was certified August 12, 2014, expires Aug 12, 2016, and only has 7 people on it.

Speculation: They realized they needed more than 7 people on a list (Maybe a larger hire than expected?), so they tested again on November 22, 2014 (The video test that we all took at Elgin Community College)

So they will be contacting the people that tested on Nov 22nd, 2014 in the near (or not so near) future for oral interviews, and comprise a "back up" list I believe.

This is my speculation of course...
          I hope you're correct. Best of luck to everyone. It would've been nice to receive some sort of update via email however.

Comment

After your written test, they usually will interview the top 25-30 candidates and run backgrounds shortly thereafter. Once backgrounds are finished, the list is trimmed down to about 10 ppl or so. Once that list is exhausted, they will interview the next 25-30 candidates who passed the written and do backgrounds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by j89 View Post
              After your written test, they usually will interview the top 25-30 candidates and run backgrounds shortly thereafter. Once backgrounds are finished, the list is trimmed down to about 10 ppl or so. Once that list is exhausted, they will interview the next 25-30 candidates who passed the written and do backgrounds, etc.
              When are we informed?

Comment

Probably when the current list is exhausted. They won't tell you exactly what your score was, but they'll inform you via email if you passed and are in the top 25.

Comment

Any luck anyone.

Comment

Any luck anyone.
                    I passed but didn't make top 25 [emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
                      I passed but didn't make top 25 [emoji20]
                      Didn't even pass. Idk how. Oh well.

Comment

I passed but wasn't top 25. The email said, "Although you did very well, your written score was not among the top 25, therefore, you will not be part of the interview phase at this time."

I asked about my score and they said they do not give out scores. It would be nice to know my score. Ohh well

Comment

Hanover Park is testing again. That list went by fast, I wonder how picky they are with their applicants. Anyone testing here or again? Any info?

Comment

I recall testing twice for HPPD. The Deputy Chief's nephew beat me for a spot the first time. Then the second time the nephews brother beat me. I also did the oral interview and saw this chick in jeans and a t shirt for the same interview . She apparently worked there and ended up getting the job as well. If you know one out of two things you should be fine and they are:
                            1) Spanish
                            2) someone in the dept

Honestly, all kidding aside, knowing someone helps tremendously because they first hand know your work ethic, etc. Also languages is a good thing to have because there is nothing more useful than a good terp!
                            Last edited by SubZeroo; 08-13-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that must be frustrating to go through that. So I see they only interview the first 25 and usually have 10 or less on the eligibility list afterwards. Any clue if they end up hiring all of the ones that make the list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 257 members and 6085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X