Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanover park, il p.d. Hiring

Hello Everyone,

Hanover Park will be testing in March. Does anyone know anything about this department and what are the possibilities of them hiring this year?

I ask this because Elmhurst and Hanover both have testing on the same day, at the same time and both have a application fee. So I would just like to choose the one that at least plans on hiring.

Thanks for your responses!

I'd do Elmhurst , Elmhurst should be hiring a lot pays more and gives pretty much everyone a interview, Hanover I thought had budget problems Elmhurst is a very sturdy town

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
      I'd do Elmhurst , Elmhurst should be hiring a lot pays more and gives pretty much everyone a interview, Hanover I thought had budget problems Elmhurst is a very sturdy town
      Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney85 View Post
        Hello Everyone,

Hanover Park will be testing in March. Does anyone know anything about this department and what are the possibilities of them hiring this year?

I ask this because Elmhurst and Hanover both have testing on the same day, at the same time and both have a application fee. So I would just like to choose the one that at least plans on hiring.

Thanks for your responses!
        Looks like Orland Park, Elmhurst, and Hanover Park have chosen the same day for testing.

Comment

I'd go the other way...I'd go to Hanover Park. They have been trying for a long time to get more officers hired and I believe they were recently granted some federal money to get the ball rolling. Further, if you want to get a little taste of all different kinds of police work, for a smallish town, Hanover has it for you.

I dont know the exact pay scale, but Hanover should be relatively competitive with Elmhurst and I would guess will have less people testing at it than Elmhurst. Just my two cents.

Comment

I would do Hanover Park. They are on 12 hour shifts...which are awesome! Elmhurst is on 8's.

Comment

I think it comes down to what type of police you want to be, I do know Elmhurst pretty much interviews everyone, and they are set to have retirements, federal funding how long can that last I'd go with a more stable dept btw Elmhurst starts at high money around 60 I believe
              Last edited by ochave000; 02-14-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Go with the one with the most officers.

Comment

Originally posted by chiTOWNpd14 View Post
                  Go with the one with the most officers.
                  That was some useless advice.
                  For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Those Fed grants pay for the P/O for 4 yrs, starting with 100% of their pay the first year and decreasing it to 75%, 50%, 25%, until the PD starts paying them after the 4th yr. One of the grant requirements is usually that they not lay off the P/O (s) hired by the grants after the 4th yr.

Comment

Testing again in June, any info on if they hired off the list that "expired" or not.

Comment

Who's going to this one? I'm having a tough time deciding between HP or Rockford since their tests are the same day. I'd love to work a suburb around Chicagoland but I also realize they may only be hiring 1 or 2 and you have to score top 25 to interview, whereas Rockford's process is short and they like to hire a lot of people. Decisions...

Comment

Hey I took the written exam over the weekend (provided by frontline). Found it to be pretty easy. What did you all think?

Comment

Exam was one of the easiest I've taken for burbs around here. Orientation was interesting as well. I got top 25 so I had my interview scheduled for the end of June. Anyone else get an interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7448 users online. 369 members and 7079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X