X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidana View Post
    i heard they want to hire 8
    yeah off there old list.
    The new list they aren't expecting any, but you never know!

Source: Worked a detail with their guys

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
      Mind if I ask which dept you're with? If you prefer not to say, I understand not a problem. Just curious on various PD's and how different or if there's a difference in difficulty level in terms of their selection/hiring process. ..
      I work for a Sheriffs Office.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
        Edit: Decided against going because of conflicting test dates with another PD. Good luck everyone!
        A better burb than Skokie doing their written on 05/10 too?
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
          A better burb than Skokie doing their written on 05/10 too?
          It depends on what you mean by better?! I'm starting to look at suburbs where I can gain experience and stay busy. Nothing against Skokie (nobody take that the wrong way...I'm sure they deal with everything being close to the city). I had already started an application somewhere else and realized the dates conflicted.

Comment

A lot of departments fire officers during FTO its just not a skokie thing. It works both ways some officers quit days after completing the academy. Its a cycle.

Comment

I've heard numerous stories of guys hitting the street for the first day and never coming back it's not for everyone!

Comment

So, the application said you would receive an e-mail stating your eligibility for testing. I've never received the email, has anyone else?

Comment

Negative. I read the samd thing. Maybe it'll come during the week. Or maybe they'll only send you an email if there is a problem with your application like it's not 100% complete.
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I was going to call Monday. I was concerned about not getting the confirmation email. Apparently it's not just me though. Phew

Comment

Originally posted by quantico90 View Post
                      I was going to call Monday. I was concerned about not getting the confirmation email. Apparently it's not just me though. Phew
                      Update. Found out that the emails will be going out today Monday afternoon 05/05 to confirm your status for the written on 05/10. By the latest I'd assume you'd receive it tomorrow if you don't get the email today. They told me normally they send the email out the week of the test.

Comment

Check your emails. Got mine.

Comment

Copy that same here. You all ready for this Saturday?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9834 users online. 474 members and 9360 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X