• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skokie Police Officer testing

http://www.skokie.org/job-opportunities.cfm
    Test date: April 28.

they have zero tolerance for tobacco apparently

Comment

First test I ever took few years back and I scored in the mid seventies. Three months after I tested, I got the letter to go for my psych poly and didnt make it through. I was stunned they had even reached me at that point. One month later I got sent to the same place for my current dept and passed. Found out they burn through that list like no other...

Comment

Says a lot about the place I know I wouldn't fit in

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
          First test I ever took few years back and I scored in the mid seventies. Three months after I tested, I got the letter to go for my psych poly and didnt make it through. I was stunned they had even reached me at that point. One month later I got sent to the same place for my current dept and passed. Found out they burn through that list like no other...
          Any particular reason why they burn through the list so fast? Strict testing or guidelines?

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this

Comment

There were a couple of guys in my academy from Skokie when I went through. One of them was around 80th on their list. I don't know why they go through so many candidates, but if you make the list, you will have a good chance of at least getting a shot.

Comment

Elmhurst is the same way they go through a lot people you at least have a shot what more could you ask for

Comment

There are a couple of helpful older threads on this department. For whatever reason they seem to fire a lot of people during FTO and the 24 month probation period they have (that seems longer than most departments).
                  Worth a shot at testing for them though, I may try them.

Comment

Doesn't seem cost efficient to hire and fire people, I think you should work with people as much as you can till they pass unless they are completely unfixable untrainable,I have a feeling that they probably removed people from FTO for stupid reasons then

Comment

Originally posted by mpb226 View Post
                      Any particular reason why they burn through the list so fast? Strict testing or guidelines?
                      Not sure...I didnt follow up with it after as I got hired at another dept. Like others have said, if you make the list, no matter what number, you will most likely get a chance at the poly/psych.

Comment

Those of you that have tested with Skokie before which written test do they use?

Thanks

Comment

Oh man...what was the name of that. It was the same thing oak forest used. There is five mug shots and a crime scene...you get 10 minutes to study it then some questions, then the rest was scenarios, map reading, and english grammer I believe.

Comment

BTW, that was almost four years ago so who knows if it changed

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                              Oh man...what was the name of that. It was the same thing oak forest used. There is five mug shots and a crime scene...you get 10 minutes to study it then some questions, then the rest was scenarios, map reading, and english grammer I believe.
                              Oak Forest used Resource Management which I actually found pretty fair. Hopefully they use it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5269 users online. 250 members and 5019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X