300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://cookcountyrecord.com/news/s-3...dismiss-remand

Just decided to see what was happening with this; found an article dated 2 weeks ago about it!

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
      I.T.T's CJ program is "nationally accredited" also, which may not hold weight to some L.E. employers, compared to an applicant that has completed a regionally accredited school( be it a 2 yr community college, or 4 yr college/university).

In all hoesty, I respect some of the training the DETC/ Nationally accredited schools provide, BUT I, like many others are starting to see these schools, and even the "lower end" regionally accredited "colleges"( Univ. of Phoenix as an example) push TV ads that practically PROMISE people jobs- that "for profit" stance that many of these schools have is the problem.

for the costs of these "schools", the avg citizen can SAVE THOUSANDS by going to a traditional " brick and mortar" Junior/ community College, or 4 yr state college.Many are now providing short term and online classes to assist working adults.

... sickens me to see people get "suckered in" by the flashy ads! I personally think these folks below are the worst:

http://ww2.icdccollege.edu/icdccolle...ields-of-study

"rapper" Lil Romeo( son of semi literate but mega rich rapper Master P) shills for these folks, and it seems that every commercial is played during the slimey airing of TV gems like " Jerry Springer", or "Wendy Williams" shows.

Ironic, in that "lil Romeo" went to a REAL university( USC).....
      Semi literate rapper Master P...LOLOL he also went to a REAL university (University of Houston) on an athletic scholarship. Then he transferred to a school in California. He made his money off a malpractice settlement he got after his grandfather passed. He got rich pretending to be semi-literate. Name another "gangster rapper" that was able to not go family movies and television but got deals with Nickelodeon and now for profit colleges...that is a smart man. He's not even noted as a good rapper but he was richer than all the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
        You'd rather go to Northwestern College than a City of Chicago College? Is that what you're saying? If so, I definitely don't get your logic. I went to Daley and Harold Washington for summer school and had I had any sense back in the day and knew better I woulda just got an Associates from there. All my instruction was legit and since I went to a state school all my classes transferred. I've had much worse instruction and meaningless classes at my 4 yr then my summer classes at CCC. But that's your choice.
        City of college of chicago are the bom. Specially Richard J.Daley college. The instructors are Background investigators(hiring unit) retired. Juice,juice lol. Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post
          City of college of chicago are the bom. Specially Richard J.Daley college. The instructors are Background investigators(hiring unit) retired. Juice,juice lol. Just kidding.
          Mr. Russo was a great professor. I still go to Daley I love it teacher are great the staff is awesome, it's a great college

Comment

Originally posted by Jmbears23 View Post
            Mr. Russo was a great professor. I still go to Daley I love it teacher are great the staff is awesome, it's a great college
            Oh yea RUSSO. He recenlty retired. He was one of my reference for CCDOC and CPD. Talk to Mr Gutierrez he's a CPD background investigator retired. I graduate from Daley 12DEC2012

Comment

Oh yea RUSSO. He recenlty retired. He was one of my reference for CCDOC and CPD. Talk to Mr Gutierrez he's a CPD background investigator retired. I graduate from Daley 12DEC2012
              Yeah I had Mr. Russo for one class but always talked to him and Mr. Gutierrez is great too. You graduated when I started college.

Comment

Yeah I had Mr. Russo for one class but always talked to him and Mr. Gutierrez is great too. You graduated when I started college.
                Keep this in mind. Be an A student and be the pet student for those criminal justice classes(lol) and during your PD process the instructors will give you a help

Comment

Keep this in mind. Be an A student and be the pet student for those criminal justice classes(lol) and during your PD process the instructors will give you a help
                  I am I have a 3.1 GPA and the CJ teachers love me.

Comment

I am I have a 3.1 GPA and the CJ teachers love me.
                    Nice. Yeah I graduate with 3.5 gpa. Transfer 4yrs univ. I have 2 semesters to finish my B.A in CJ.

Comment

Nice. Yeah I graduate with 3.5 gpa. Transfer 4yrs univ. I have 2 semesters to finish my B.A in CJ.
                      Nice I'll be there soon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9937 users online. 475 members and 9462 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X