X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolingbrook PD

Application packets will be available

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at:
    Village of Bolingbrook Finance Department 375 W. Briarcliff Road Bolingbrook, IL 60440

A non-refundable $50.00 application fee must be paid at the time the application packet is obtained. All completed application packets must be returned to the Village of Bolingbrook Finance Department no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 5 pm.

The Written and Physical Agility Tests will be held on:
    Sunday, March 11, 2012

For additional information call:
    630-226-8600

Phone: 630-226-8600 Fax: 630-226-8718 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.bolingbrook.com

Salary: $56,030 - $80,042 Population: 73,000 Sworn Officers: 112 Application Deadline: 2/15/12

The Bolingbrook Police Department is now accepting applications to create a 2-year eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.

see you would think the $50 bucks would deter some people, but it doesnt, truck loads of people show up, ill be there to big of a place not to go

Comment

Took it two years ago. not sure they hired anyone from even that list, thought they ended up laying off some around that time, so they had first call backs. About 500 showed at the last testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
        Two people were hired on the previous list. $50 is just obnoxious, specially since they barely used the previous list. Then the city claims broke all the time, lol. With 300 like last time and $50. They made an easy $15000 in just applications.
        Don't think those testing companies administer the written and power test for free? Giving the polys and /or psych tests cost money. However many Det's doing the BI are being paid also. It probably costs them more to come up with an eligibility list than they take in from the app fees.

Back when apps were given out for free, PD's usually administered their own tests and variations of what is now the power test. There were always law suits concerning the results of these tests. These companies that give the testing have had their methods tested in court. They also supply the personnel to administer them. It saves on the law suits that would be filed against municipalities giving their own versions of tests. Hence the reason for applicants bearing part of the cost of testing.

The frequency of these tests are dictated by State law, as far as how long a list is good for. Some home rule towns can extend these lists.
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NissanGTR2012
          My buddy also took the test a couple years ago. He made top 20 and he did not get a call. Hope you guys are good at resource management inc test, that's what they use. The good part is its graded on the spot. Unless you make top 10, the likelihood of getting called is slim. I have a friend that works for Bolingbrook PD. Good dept but you guys will have a lot of people applying. Expect between 5-800 candidates in that gym.
          i dont think 800, the crowds in my opinion are getting smaller, so we will see, the resource management test im trying to recall that one, whats on it so it can freshen my memory?

Comment

The 2 laid off were hired back. 2 hired off this current list. 1 in FTO, the other just graduated the Academy and will be in FTO. We are on the low end of our authorized strength. No official word has been given on # to be hired. My guess would be 5-8 minimum in the next two years. Again that's just my own opinion and of course there's always variables in municipal hiring. Maybe they'll hire none, maybe they'll hire 12, who knows.

Somehow the $50 always comes up. It's to weed out the ones that aren't serious and will take it on a whim. A lot of resources go into testing and you don't need bodies just occupying space showing up. All the points on cost ChiTown hit on are correct, plus usually around 8 Officers on overtime also assist for several hours. It all adds up. Like I always have said, 50 bucks is a small plunk in the bucket for a job that nets you a good pay scale and benefits that's in the 6 figure range. If I told you I have $50 raffle tickets, only 300 are being sold, there can be 5 winners, and the prize is a guaranteed job for 20+ years (if you don't screw up) with very good pay and benefits. Would you buy one? I'm sure glad I did. Now get testing, I need more senority below me.
            Last edited by dogcop; 12-09-2011, 04:57 AM.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
              see you would think the $50 bucks would deter some people, but it doesnt, truck loads of people show up, ill be there to big of a place not to go
              Nope, just don't want any of you showing up without sufficient cash in your pocket or a traumatized look on your face! LOL!

Comment

Even if they dont hire anyone, they still have to pay the testing company and any officers they detail out to assist in the testing process.

Comment

Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                  Even if they dont hire anyone, they still have to pay the testing company and any officers they detail out to assist in the testing process.
                  Nonsense. Everyone that applies is clear CQH! No need for the detail to even be posted.
                  "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
                    Nonsense. Everyone that applies is clear CQH! No need for the detail to even be posted.
                    Uhh, what? He's talking about the officers that count sit-ups and time running, not a security detail.

Comment

Another reason why all departments should accept the NIPSTA card. It will save everyone time and money.

Comment

Speaking of Bolingbrook who up for watching the Drew Peterson story on Lifetime? We could all meet at dogcops house on Saturday the 1/21 at 6:30 and enjoy the movie together!
                        Dogcop, if you're secluded to work that night just leave a key under the mat.

Almost forgot to ask. Who thinks Rob Lowe looks like Drew???
                        Last edited by Ted1958; 12-12-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted1958 View Post
                          Speaking of Bolingbrook who up for watching the Drew Peterson story on Lifetime? We could all meet at dogcops house on Saturday the 1/21 at 6:30 and enjoy the movie together!
                          Dogcop, if you're secluded to work that night just leave a key under the mat.

Almost forgot to ask. Who thinks Rob Lowe looks like Drew???
                          Only if Dog has the "landscaper" manicure the bushes first..

Comment

Anyone on here interview with Bolingbrook the past few weeks?

Comment

New/current list starts today. Wonder how many, if any at all, they are looking to hire?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8519 users online. 455 members and 8064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X