300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Forest PD

I wondering if anyone had info about their shift rotation, morale, pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

From what I know, the morale in the department is pretty good. However, they have some internal problems regarding some past promotions, and getting a chief in there. If you're from the area, you probably know all about them.

I was waiting for YEARS for them to test, and could never get an answer from anybody. Then one day a list came out...then I waited for a few more years. I never heard about a test again. I grew up there and would have loved to work there. You'll see a bit of everything. I think Oak Forest is a great town, depending on the 'hood you're in.

When I lived there, it was a place that let the police be the police, and lots of aggressive officers.

Comment

I remember Oak Forest being one of the first in the area with take home cars, if you lived in town, which you had to at the time. Don't know if they still have them. Also was one of the only burbs back then that had a "wagon," which we utilized from time to time, along with their lockup...

Comment

remember whenthe p.d.. was on cicero....the old building.....
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

From what I understand, their C.S.O's that were let go get priority. They were cut due to budget problems either early this year or late last year.
          one point twenty one jiggowatts....ONE POINT TWENTY ONE JIGGOWATTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
            Wow. I picked up my app last week and I was the first 20 handed out. Today when dropping off, found out they handed out 216 already, and the final day is Wednesday . . .

This looks to be exciting. Anyone know what test this department uses? I will assume it is PCI. Their final list last time was only about 39 people . . .

I really hope not, although this process seems fairly similar to past PCI testings. I have a feeling you are right. There were exactly 299 applicants when I dropped mine off yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
              FYI, I called today just to check on some things.

The orientation/written exam has been moved to Oak Forest High School. There is just too many people. The guy on the phone said he expects about 240 to show with what has been turned in so far. The first 50 or so applications said to go to the village hall. They were supposed to call those people to update them on the new location, but I never received a call. So for those of you that didn't know, go to the high school. It is just north of the PD down Central.
              I was told once I handed in the application. I was hoping the doctors note would weed out some applicants since that's the first I've heard of a department needing one. Cya next Wednesday.

Comment

So the people who tested last time and paased and were placed in the groups are out of luck and have to apply again?? Doesnt the list expire in 1 year?? Seems like the Dept. is just trying to get money for the village and they are not hiring nobody. Just an assumption of course!!

Comment

Typically lists last 2 years, but I thought the last time Oak Forest tested was 2007 or 2008.

Comment

Not a big fan of that test tonight lol....took it a few years back for skokie I believe.

Comment

How did everyone do? I believe the passing score was a 70. First time taking the test so I'm glad I passed.

See those that passed January 15th!

Comment

Got an 83 so I am not sure if that is good or not compared to others on this test...first time I took the test, or may have taken it years back for skokie, cant remember lol.
                        Last edited by gogokart98; 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                          Got an 83 so I am not sure if that is good or not compared to others on this test...first time I took the test, or may have taken it years back for skokie, cant remember lol.
                          Seemed like a pretty fair test but no one I know scored above an 85, not that I know everyone that took it. The extra points awarded for a bachelors should help.

Comment

Yea. And from the sounds of that orientation...I bet they are gonna jump and take some certified people.

Comment

Any updates on this? I'm just curious.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7266 users online. 340 members and 6926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X