Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a rough one for sure. I was far up there on that list too. Those personality tests are brutal, good thing most departments don't use this type or I might be going back to school for something else.

DaBears29, how'd you do?

Comment

Hey there guys. Sorry to hear about the test results, that really sucks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I passed or failed. I'll take that as a positive sign, but you never know. They may be sending more out tomorrow.

MPB, I've seen you active on other threads so it sounds like you're hitting up a lot of departments. Eventually the persistence will pay off. I've now been testing for over two years and haven't even gotten past an interview yet, and I usually have a decent spot on the list.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when I hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears29 View Post
        Hey there guys. Sorry to hear about the test results, that really sucks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I passed or failed. I'll take that as a positive sign, but you never know. They may be sending more out tomorrow.

MPB, I've seen you active on other threads so it sounds like you're hitting up a lot of departments. Eventually the persistence will pay off. I've now been testing for over two years and haven't even gotten past an interview yet, and I usually have a decent spot on the list.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when I hear something.
        I've been testing since I graduated last May. I'm just starting to score higher on lists especially ones that use the NCJOSI test but this one was a major bummer.

That should be a good sign that you haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully you passed that exam. Keep us updated.

Comment

I have friends on this department as well as others who have tested, and they all tell me the same thing. A lot of people fail the personality test, and once you do, you're out of the process. This is why they test often and do laterals so frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
            I have friends on this department as well as others who have tested, and they all tell me the same thing. A lot of people fail the personality test, and once you do, you're out of the process. This is why they test often and do laterals so frequently.
            That makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I still haven't received any information on whether I passed or failed the personality test. Anyone on here receive anything that said they passed and what the next phase is?

Comment

Anyone get the letter in the mail about the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno93 View Post
                  Anyone get the letter in the mail about the interview?
                  I got a letter over the weekend for an interview. I'm excited for this opportunity.

Comment

I got a letter over the weekend for an interview. I'm excited for this opportunity.
                    Just curious. How's the process going for everyone? How'd your interview go?

Comment

Just received a letter for the final elgibility list

Comment

Originally posted by mpb226 View Post
                        Just curious. How's the process going for everyone? How'd your interview go?
                        The interview went well. They interviewed about 27 candidates to make the final list. There is one position open at this point, but it also sounded like they anticipate everyone on the final list getting a shot at the poly/psych over the two year life of this list.

I know you wanted this opportunity, but don't beat yourself up over it. It seems like that personality test eliminated a good amount of people from the process.

Comment

The interview went well. They interviewed about 27 candidates to make the final list. There is one position open at this point, but it also sounded like they anticipate everyone on the final list getting a shot at the poly/psych over the two year life of this list.

I know you wanted this opportunity, but don't beat yourself up over it. It seems like that personality test eliminated a good amount of people from the process.
                          Congrats man! That's good news for both of you guys. If I remember correctly they said 8-10 a year for two years usually get hired with sometimes more or less. You'll have a very good shot as I'm sure you know.

Yea rough one for sure but I guess the best advanced. Hope you get it, keep us updated.

Comment

If you saved your $50.00 for another test, here’s what you missed to date:

2011-12-10:
                            Written exam.

2011-12-22:
                            233 applicants scored at least 70 % on the written exam.
                            Applicants who scored 85.555, including preference points, were placed on the Secondary Eligibility List.

2012-01-06:
                            37 applicants took the Law Enforcement Application Inventory (LEAI)
                            This was a computer based, personality and integrity test, given by HR.
                            27 applicants were “acceptable.”

2012-01-30 & 2012-01-31:
                            27 applicants were interviewed by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
                            The Commission advised one police officer position was vacant. As DaBears29 posted, those on the eligibility list will likely participate in all of the screening steps, which include::

Polygraph exam,
                            Background Investigation ( plus, Credit Check, Driver’s License Abstract, and CQH).
                            Conditional Job Offer,
                            Medical Exam,
                            Psychological exam, and if acceptable,
                            Swearing in.

2012-02-02:
                            The primary Eligibility List, (written exam and interview scores) was distributed.

2012-02-02 to 2012-02-17:
                            The top 10 candidates, on the eligibility list, were sent for polygraph examinations,
                            for the current opening and in anticipation of future vacancies.

2012-03-10
                            The top five candidates on the Eligibility List are in the background portion of the testing process in order to fill one opening and future openings.

This information is from my experience and details related by human resources (HR) personnel.

Anyone else participate in any of the above or hear further?

Comment

Meister,
                              Where did you hear the top ten went on to polygraph? I am in the top ten and have not heard any update. Thanks.

Comment

PaleHorse6,
                                In addition to the eligibility list, the envelope contained a letter, with instructions for completing the polygraph examination. You may want to double check your envelope or call the Board to see if they sent you an invitation.

After my test, I asked the polygraph examiner how many candidates from Schaumburg had been tested and he stated “about 10.”

Since I’m in the top 10, I figured everyone ahead of me had been tested.

While waiting for my appointment, I saw two other candidates that I recognized from the testing process, and they were in the top 10 as well.

I assume the candidates are being selected in order, but I’m not certain.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10172 users online. 492 members and 9680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X