X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpb226
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBears29 View Post
    The interview went well. They interviewed about 27 candidates to make the final list. There is one position open at this point, but it also sounded like they anticipate everyone on the final list getting a shot at the poly/psych over the two year life of this list.

I know you wanted this opportunity, but don't beat yourself up over it. It seems like that personality test eliminated a good amount of people from the process.
    Congrats man! That's good news for both of you guys. If I remember correctly they said 8-10 a year for two years usually get hired with sometimes more or less. You'll have a very good shot as I'm sure you know.

Yea rough one for sure but I guess the best advanced. Hope you get it, keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

• DaBears29
    replied
    Originally posted by mpb226 View Post
    Just curious. How's the process going for everyone? How'd your interview go?
    The interview went well. They interviewed about 27 candidates to make the final list. There is one position open at this point, but it also sounded like they anticipate everyone on the final list getting a shot at the poly/psych over the two year life of this list.

I know you wanted this opportunity, but don't beat yourself up over it. It seems like that personality test eliminated a good amount of people from the process.

Leave a comment:

• Inferno93
    replied
    Just received a letter for the final elgibility list

Leave a comment:

• mpb226
    replied
    I got a letter over the weekend for an interview. I'm excited for this opportunity.
    Just curious. How's the process going for everyone? How'd your interview go?

Leave a comment:

• DaBears29
    replied
    Originally posted by Inferno93 View Post
    Anyone get the letter in the mail about the interview?
    I got a letter over the weekend for an interview. I'm excited for this opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Inferno93
    replied
    Anyone get the letter in the mail about the interview?

Leave a comment:

• DaBears29
    replied
    I still haven't received any information on whether I passed or failed the personality test. Anyone on here receive anything that said they passed and what the next phase is?

Leave a comment:

• mpb226
    replied
    Originally posted by chgometro View Post
    I have friends on this department as well as others who have tested, and they all tell me the same thing. A lot of people fail the personality test, and once you do, you're out of the process. This is why they test often and do laterals so frequently.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• chgometro
    replied
    I have friends on this department as well as others who have tested, and they all tell me the same thing. A lot of people fail the personality test, and once you do, you're out of the process. This is why they test often and do laterals so frequently.

Leave a comment:

• mpb226
    replied
    Hey there guys. Sorry to hear about the test results, that really sucks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I passed or failed. I'll take that as a positive sign, but you never know. They may be sending more out tomorrow.

MPB, I've seen you active on other threads so it sounds like you're hitting up a lot of departments. Eventually the persistence will pay off. I've now been testing for over two years and haven't even gotten past an interview yet, and I usually have a decent spot on the list.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when I hear something.
    I've been testing since I graduated last May. I'm just starting to score higher on lists especially ones that use the NCJOSI test but this one was a major bummer.

That should be a good sign that you haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully you passed that exam. Keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

• DaBears29
    replied
    Hey there guys. Sorry to hear about the test results, that really sucks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I passed or failed. I'll take that as a positive sign, but you never know. They may be sending more out tomorrow.

MPB, I've seen you active on other threads so it sounds like you're hitting up a lot of departments. Eventually the persistence will pay off. I've now been testing for over two years and haven't even gotten past an interview yet, and I usually have a decent spot on the list.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when I hear something.

Leave a comment:

• mpb226
    replied
    That's a rough one for sure. I was far up there on that list too. Those personality tests are brutal, good thing most departments don't use this type or I might be going back to school for something else.

DaBears29, how'd you do?

Leave a comment:

• xnd1029
    replied
    Guys don't worry about it. That's just one department. There are many more departments out there. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• mikem004
    replied
    I failed it. Looks like I dont have the personality to be a P.O even though I have been one over a year...

Leave a comment:

• mpb226
    replied
    Got an e-mail back.

Looks like I failed the personality test and am now out of the process.

Anyone know the trick to passing this type of personality test? Being honest seemed like it wasn't good enough to pass.
    Last edited by mpb226; 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM. Reason: Added more.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9140 users online. 290 members and 8850 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X