Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever you are in doubt, wear the suit. You can always take the jacket off.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears29 View Post
      Thanks guys. Suit it is.
      I'll most likely stick with a suit or just a tie.

Did this seem like a personality test to you? I've never had this step either, usually it's straight to the interview.

Comment

I gathered from the conversation that it was a personality type test. What I don't know is whether it's an oral type interview or all written. I will say that I'm glad to hear that they are furthering the process so soon. I'm curious how far down the list they are going. I was top 25 on the final listing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears29 View Post
          I gathered from the conversation that it was a personality type test. What I don't know is whether it's an oral type interview or all written. I will say that I'm glad to hear that they are furthering the process so soon. I'm curious how far down the list they are going. I was top 25 on the final listing.
          Same here. The lady on the phone went through the explanation pretty quick from which I gathered it was a personality test. I remember at the orientation someone mentioning that there was another test before the interview, if you get that far. I just like to be prepared and have some idea what to expect before I arrive.

I guess we will find out. Good luck next week; I have my time then too.

Comment

Originally posted by mpb226 View Post
            Same here. The lady on the phone went through the explanation pretty quick from which I gathered it was a personality test. I remember at the orientation someone mentioning that there was another test before the interview, if you get that far. I just like to be prepared and have some idea what to expect before I arrive.

I guess we will find out. Good luck next week; I have my time then too.
            Hey mpb how'd it go? I went yesterday and it seemed pretty straightforward. I was told that we'd hear back soon, but it wasn't specified whether it'd be by phone or mail.

Comment

Also, do you know anything about the interview process? It says on the website that the written is 60% and the interview is 40%. Since they already came out with an eligibility listing after preference points based on the written, does that mean the interview is pass/fail? That's my guess but wanted to hear other thoughts.

Comment

Went good. I have never taken that type of test but they all seem the same. I was told I'de hear back within the week and she seemed pretty sure this process would move along fast.

I assumed the interview process would be pass/fail. On the handout they provided after the written it lists the interview as part of the selection process along with polygraph exam, BC, psychological exam, and physical exam. Since all are scored the same it must mean pass/fail.

How'd you do?

Comment

60% written and 40% for the oral board was pretty much the norm for most PD's and what was used for your final score (and to rank you on the list...excluding mil,colleg, cert, points).

Comment

I took a similar test as part of the Chicago written. I think it went well but time will tell.

I agree with you that the interview must be pass/fail. It seems to me that smaller departments that I've tested with will only make a list of the top 50 or so scores from the written, and they interview 100% of those people. In that scenario I suppose you can weigh the written and oral. If you're not going to interview 100% of the eligibility list prior to finalizing it, then I assume the oral must be pass/fail. I think that made sense lol.

ChiTownDet, you know a lot about many of the surrounding Chicagoland departments. Do you have any info on Schaumburg? A previous poster said he had heard morale was low a few years back. Any feelings either way? Thanks again guys.
                    Last edited by DaBears29; 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Sorry guy. Don't really know much about Schaumburg PD. Read the same thing about morale that you guys did. My knowledge is mostly for the south and west burbs. I do remember them hiring laid off coppers from the area as laterals about a year or two back.

I've also never heard of a pass/fail for an oral board interview. They are scored and the combined score of it + written + preference = your total score and ultimately where you rank on the list.

If they are giving an additional interview which involves some sort of test, I would think it's some sort of psych / personality test. Something to weed out more people before the oral . Just a guess.
                      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-12-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I guess time will tell. Thanks for your input ChiTownDet.

Have you heard back from the personality test taken Wednesday DaBears29? I took it the same day and haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Nope I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm hoping by mid next week.

Comment

Got an e-mail back.

Looks like I failed the personality test and am now out of the process.

Anyone know the trick to passing this type of personality test? Being honest seemed like it wasn't good enough to pass.
                            Last edited by mpb226; 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Added more.

Comment

I failed it. Looks like I dont have the personality to be a P.O even though I have been one over a year...

Comment

Guys don't worry about it. That's just one department. There are many more departments out there. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9820 users online. 472 members and 9348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X