Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccernik11
    replied
    I already have a contigent offer from a police department, I just need to pass my polygraph at Hunter. Did you receive the letter stating you passed after completing your polygraph exam?

Leave a comment:

• scoop34
    replied
    I wanted to keep this thread going since their test is coming up. Any info floating around?

Leave a comment:

• Meisterburger
    replied
    The polygraph at Hunter was professional. The examiner did not play games and was straight up. I received a letter stating that I passed. So, I don't think they are failing people just to create more invoices.

Remember, it is a subjective science. Don't give the examiner a reason to not like you. Be professional and personable. Wear a suit and tie. Polish your shoes. Make that hair look high and tight. Many people in the industry have a police and or military background. They notice things and pay attention to detail.

The people at Theodore in Hillside are straight up also. They have an easy going atmosphere and will bust your "bits."

My partner once took a polygraph at COPS. Some of his responses indicated "inconclusive." He still got the job. So, it's up to the department to make the decision from there.

Leave a comment:

• Chitownnat
    replied
    How was the polygraph...i was just doing a search for them and saw you went to the same place as I need to go for the dept i'm testing for. I had one friend on a dept tell me to be careful if you have to polygraph in hinsdale or oak brook because these locations were caught purposely failing people in the past to get more money from depts (more people come through, more $) I hope they are this F L Hunter place is on the up and up.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    ISPTPR22 is right. And don't believe everything you see on TV or in the papers..

Leave a comment:

• ISPTPR22
    replied
    As I said I know it sounds bad, but I'd be real careful who you are laughing at or "getting a kick out of" because believe it or not a reasonable amount of these type of cases don't result in convictions.

*I'm not saying this case is one of those, just an overall word of caution*

Leave a comment:

• ActionJackson121
    replied
    Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
    3 more positions just opened up.
    Got a kick out of this, haha

Leave a comment:

• goodfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
    lmao, you beat me to it.....innocent until proven guility, but 99.999999% they will not be police officers at Schaumbug anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ISPTPR22
    replied
    Innocent until proven guilty, however, it sounds bad.

Leave a comment:

• Yea_Buddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Meisterburger
    replied
    I had mine at:
    FL Hunter & Associates
    Hinsdale, IL 60521

Leave a comment:

replied
    Where did you guys have your polygraph done?

Leave a comment:

• Meisterburger
    replied
    PaleHorse6,
    In addition to the eligibility list, the envelope contained a letter, with instructions for completing the polygraph examination. You may want to double check your envelope or call the Board to see if they sent you an invitation.

After my test, I asked the polygraph examiner how many candidates from Schaumburg had been tested and he stated “about 10.”

Since I’m in the top 10, I figured everyone ahead of me had been tested.

While waiting for my appointment, I saw two other candidates that I recognized from the testing process, and they were in the top 10 as well.

I assume the candidates are being selected in order, but I’m not certain.

Leave a comment:

• PaleHorse6
    replied
    Meister,
    Where did you hear the top ten went on to polygraph? I am in the top ten and have not heard any update. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Meisterburger
    replied
    If you saved your $50.00 for another test, here’s what you missed to date:

2011-12-10:
    Written exam.

2011-12-22:
    233 applicants scored at least 70 % on the written exam.
    Applicants who scored 85.555, including preference points, were placed on the Secondary Eligibility List.

2012-01-06:
    37 applicants took the Law Enforcement Application Inventory (LEAI)
    This was a computer based, personality and integrity test, given by HR.
    27 applicants were “acceptable.”

2012-01-30 & 2012-01-31:
    27 applicants were interviewed by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
    The Commission advised one police officer position was vacant. As DaBears29 posted, those on the eligibility list will likely participate in all of the screening steps, which include::

Polygraph exam,
    Background Investigation ( plus, Credit Check, Driver’s License Abstract, and CQH).
    Conditional Job Offer,
    Medical Exam,
    Psychological exam, and if acceptable,
    Swearing in.

2012-02-02:
    The primary Eligibility List, (written exam and interview scores) was distributed.

2012-02-02 to 2012-02-17:
    The top 10 candidates, on the eligibility list, were sent for polygraph examinations,
    for the current opening and in anticipation of future vacancies.

2012-03-10
    The top five candidates on the Eligibility List are in the background portion of the testing process in order to fill one opening and future openings.

This information is from my experience and details related by human resources (HR) personnel.

Anyone else participate in any of the above or hear further?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8211 users online. 310 members and 7901 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X