Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if youve been to airports across the country you will know the security at ohare is seriously outdated. They dont even have a swat team on site unarmed officers everywhere. Cpd only 10 minutes away wit.h handguns lol not even rifles. Look at lapd lax police force and you will see what im talkin bout.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
      ChiTownDet commented
      Editing a comment
      You're wrong, they do

• Even worse...they're in the process of removing the word "Police" from uniforms and the squad SUVs. Smh.

Source: http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cit...united-fiasco/

Comment

• ChiTownDet
      ChiTownDet commented
      Editing a comment
      As the word "Police" should have never been put on their uniform or vehicles. Their job title is "aviation security officer." There is nothing in the municipal code, state law, or county ordinance which make them peace officers.

• It looks like the "Chicago Aviation Police" are officially de-certified.

They are now just security officers with no powers to even carry a weapon off-duty.

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2...-not-cops.html

Comment

• Wow.......
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Yeah wow sums it up. I saw this yesterday. Way to put an end to the controversy...instantly!

Comment

• Yep. I read the Dept of Aviation findings. It's not out of line regarding the security guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            This Dept was created as a security dept for aviation years back and staffed with political hacks (some of which have been promoted to supervisors there). Some of the people that have been hired: People fired by CPD, Fired suburban coppers, people that couldn't get hired anywhere else, years back had a guy that didn't speak English, retired coppers and an 80 year old guy.

They kind of "evolved" into a PD because of FAA guidlines, but the job hasn't changed from what it was, a good paying security gig, with a good pension. Kind of like having a '92 Pontiac. No matter what sounds you put in it, or cool paint job you put on it, it's still a '92 Pontiac.

Don't buy into what some of their guys say that they will be taking over ALL Police operations at the airports (never happen, by virtue of some of the people they've hired) . The people that have been hired over the years are not equipped to take over all LE at the airports from CPD.

Homeland Sec, FAA, grants have and probably will continue to be used to hire CPD to be used at the airports. With this economy, and with this Mayor, the cause that Aviation guys are championing to become the only LE at the airports may backfire on them and cause their job to be eliminated and them to be classified as "security guard" or "police aid" still unarmed and unsworn, making much less money than they do now, without a Police pension. There basically is too much baggage on that Dept. to turn everything over to them.

This Dept is comprised of people that want a good paying security job, people looking to get certified, people waiting to get on a traditional PD, people that can't work anywhere else, and people that will spend their whole carreer there attempting to change the job to fit what they want..

The City made this Dept. what it is..
            From November 2011....

Comment

• I am currently in the hiring process for this department. While the function of their daily job has not changed greatly, they are getting new uniforms and their patrol vehicles have already had the “police” label removed and replaced with “security.” On the airfield they still have authority to issue citations for speeding, FAA violations, etc., but training will no longer be at the Chicago Metro Academy. It is in-house and focuses on the security role the job was originally intended to be.

Comment

• Odox002
                Odox002 commented
                Editing a comment
                When did you apply?

• Chitown28
                Chitown28 commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied in December. Got an e-mail 2 weeks ago for an interview and written exercice. Was told I should hear something by mid-june. Fingers crossed.

• I applied in December. Got an e-mail 2 weeks ago for an interview and written exercice. Was told I should hear something by mid-june. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Finished both phases of the psych test for this position. No idea how long I have to wait to find out if I passed, or what the next step in the process is.

Comment

• Keep at it!

Comment

• Okay so I’ve completed my drug screen and physical, but have not heard anything since last week. Anyone else in this hiring process know when they plan to start training/when I should hear something?

Comment

• Does anyone work for this department or have any insight? I have completed all the hiring steps, but have not heard anything since. It has been a few weeks and now the commissioner has been forced to resign. Anyone know when I should expect to hear something?

Comment

• Hello I was hoping to see if I could get some answers from here. So I had put in an application in for the Aviation security Officer position and had my interview a month ago on June 5th. Basically I am wondering if it’s good or bad news if I haven't heard anything back from the department yet. I did have great interview and was even told by the interviewer that to speak to lady did have my background check consent form so they may get me working ASAP. But I do have some concerns... Firstly, when I applied back in December I had gotten a back an email telling me that I did not meet the requirements but then on May 24th I had received an invitation for an interview. However, this was for the position of Sergeant of Aviation security. So I went to the interview killed it and was ask if had initially applied the Aviation Security Officer position. I informed then that yes I did applied for that position originally and was declined but was followed by the invitation for this position a few months later. I told my self that this is an opportunity that I would not afford to miss out in so I went along with the process and hope that it pays off. Again the interviewer told me to go speak with lady who had gotten my background consent form and inform her of the situation of having to applied aviation security officer position so I may be hire as such. I spoke to the lady and we exchanged emails and emailed her on Monday when she told interviews would be over. She did inform me that she was going on vacation that week as well so I really don't know when I will be hearing back from her. I have not heard anything back since the interview so my worry is if they elected not to go with me for any reason would I be informed or if they would just go ghost on me? Thank you in advance and sorry for the mouthful.

Comment

9291 commented
                          Editing a comment

• I have NO IDEA what your question is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5837 users online. 201 members and 5636 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X