300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian National Railroad Police

Have an interview with them thursday. Talked to a guy whos been there several years and he says morale is at a low point and the administrators monitor your every move with GPS. Can anyone support that or anyone have any info about the dept?

is it for the Chicago area?

Comment

Dude...

Go for it...

I had just got back from court today at
      Markham and in our court call was a
      CN officer...

He was real cool and we BS'D a bit...

The GPS in every squad now so as long
      as your not driving over 80 MPH, you'll be
      fine...

I drive normally and have no worry...

Good luck and God Speed with your interview...
      Last edited by OFHPD300; 08-09-2011, 07:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Oh bye the way...

There are tracks that CN
        owns everywhere...

Metra runs trains on CN tracks...

Rock Island and the Heritage Corridor...

Not including the yards the CN owns...

Rail Road Police consists of a lot of driving
        and getting to know your geography...

I love it and I'm glad to have entered
        Into the field...

Comment

What's the pay scale?

Comment

Heres the thing...kind of looking to escape a crappy department with too much micro managing. Dont want to end up at one similar to it. Several other factors..1-starting pay is $57,000.00 however there is no longevity and i would be coming in at what a guy whos been there ten years is making. Everyone in patrol makes the same. No vaca till a year on and then five days, so if i got hired endo f this year in 2013 id get five days...right now i get five weeks vaca. Also they work a 6 on 2 off schedule and i currently work a 4 on 2 off. OFHPd i believe you work for Metra which sounds like a differnt ball game as far as your typical day. Just not sure this would be a good move considering its only a 5K raise and the huge reduction in vaca....however the pension there would be far superior but id have to do 30. Just not sure about it.

Comment

Canada, aye? haha. Where was it that you saw this posting? Was it lateral only? I know you are stating that you have an interview, meaning it is too late to get in the running, but I am just curious.
              "ok guys, just chill out. She just googled you guys." "No, she googled too deep. She's a deep googler. She's on page 5 SHlT, man."

Comment

Originally posted by BusterDog View Post
                Canada, aye? haha. Where was it that you saw this posting? Was it lateral only? I know you are stating that you have an interview, meaning it is too late to get in the running, but I am just curious.
                Keep an eye on this site. They have been posting the Police officer job every couple weeks: http://www.cn.ca/en/careers.htm

paul190: I don't think I’d give up the 5 weeks vacation. Doesn't seem like CN can find a qualified person in the area. I know they have interviewed several times since April to fill a couple opens and they can't seem to fill them.

Comment

I am also trying to get into CN, in Harvey. It has been a year but the job site says my info is still under review. I have tried contacting them by phone and E mail and nothing? Should I give up?? Thanks

Comment

I work with the CN special agent almost every week. It seems like a good place, they do seem to have some micro management but thats par now days. The pay and benefits outweighs it. I heard they were holding off on hiring until the new chief was in place and I think he is in place now.

Comment

That's good to hear.

Comment

Anyone have any current information on this position and has anyone been through their hiring process? Thanks.
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

assuming you need to be on the job already?.....
                          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                            assuming you need to be on the job already?.....
                            Yes. Without at least a few years on you don't have a chance, they also prefer applicants with degrees.
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                              Yes. Without at least a few years on you don't have a chance, they also prefer applicants with degrees.
                              have the degrees no on the job experience..trying though! thanks
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5673 users online. 296 members and 5377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X