info needed for sttar program for part timers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info needed for sttar program for part timers

I have just been hired part time by a local agency in the suburbs of chicago and am being sent to the training academy using the sttar program. Most is online based but I am told saturdays also. I have asked many people including calling NEMRT but nobody seems to know exactly what the saturday schedule is . I don't know if it is every or only a couple of saturdays. If anyone can chime in and let me know if they went through it how many was it? Reason being is that I may have to quit my full time job to attend.

Thanks.

And yes I searched but no solid info.
    Last edited by Inferno93; 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: update info

It matters when the instructors are available. Sometimes it's once a month, other months could be twice a month. And they do cancel Saturday classes due to instructors having something come up. Then the fallowing months you have to make up for it.

Comment

Inferno, welcome to the wonderful world of policing. A couple guys we hired PT and sent them through the academy. The certificate will give you the advantage over others. Alot of departments will send you back to the full time academy when you're hired full time. The guys we hired go to the academy maybe two Saturdays a month. Overall, they are breezing through it. Goodluck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies and PM's. I am glad I landed this job - it is a foot in the door and a start to a F/T job. Thanks again.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10370 users online. 396 members and 9974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X