300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plainfield PD

anyone know if they are actually hiring? didnt they lay off a few officers last year if im not mistaken?

yeah, I believe 3 were laid off. I don't know why they didn't extend the list an extra year like other people are doing. I was not too far from the top of that list, and I was never called so they couldn't have had much activity if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
      It's not that far from me, but like I said in the Woodridge topic, I'm pretty much done with any of them outside of Cook. Specially since PSR is doing Plainfield too, and their test "requirements" are the same as Woodridge as well.

Yes, they had the 3 laid off, and as far as I knew, they didn't bring them back.
      I know they brought back at least one recently......within the past week or two

Comment

[QUOTE=Exodus259;2841033] I'm pretty much done with any of them outside of Cook.
        QUOTE]

Why?

Comment

I heard that they brought one of the three back. From what I was told, the other two were also offered their positions back, but they were already established at other departments so they did not return to Plainfield. I was near the top of the list that is expiring in Feb. 2012 and never heard a word so I assume there was not much activity other than trying to get those three back.

Comment

Plainfield recently annexed a bunch of Romeoville, and I think that includes that Jewel and Walmart on Weber south of 135th. I'm not sure how busy the town is, but that could be an extra beat car they need for each shift.

Comment

Who tested with Plainfield on Saturday? I have to say it was the best orientation I've been to.

Comment

I tested with them last time. They do put out a great orientation. The command staff is very professional and friendly. Unfortunately, they don't hire all that often and the exam they use ( NCJSO) is horribly easy. Typically on that exam if you don't score at least a 93 (plus your 5 for preference hopefully), you won't get into the top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                  I tested with them last time. They do put out a great orientation. The command staff is very professional and friendly. Unfortunately, they don't hire all that often and the exam they use ( NCJSO) is horribly easy. Typically on that exam if you don't score at least a 93 (plus your 5 for preference hopefully), you won't get into the top 50.
                  Learned a lot from the orientation. Yes, that is the down side is the low turnover rate which means they don't hire often. Even thought the ncjosi test is easy I would rather take the resource management test.

Comment

I tested with them last time also, agree the test is horrible easy. I scored in the top 10 and did an interview and they didn't like me I guess. I remember them sending me a letting in the mail saying i scored a 74% out of 100% for the oral and needed a 75% to pass... I wasn't too happy about that and just decided not to test with them again.

Comment

Looks like they're going to be testing again, anyone know if they have openings to hire for or if they're just renewing their list since its been two years?

Comment

Seems like its a really small department, I'm not quite in the shape to pass the POWER test but I'm close, and the way the chains move in the process I'll be ready before they test for it. I'll def be there for the written exam. 🙏🙏

Comment

Originally posted by vdubs15 View Post
                          Looks like they're going to be testing again, anyone know if they have openings to hire for or if they're just renewing their list since its been two years?
                          They are just renewing their list. They do not have any openings. The Cheif would always like to add to the ranks. However the Village Board has already told them there will be no hiring alloted for the 2015-2016 budget year. They are also citing Rauner's proposed cuts to funding local municipalities as another factor in the unlikely hiring for the 2016-2017 budget. Also, Plainfield typically only hires certified officers as it saves them money. As any police department can, Plainfield heavily exercises their right to skip everyone on the list who is not certified to get to those certifieds.
                          Jajajajaja

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9243 users online. 405 members and 8838 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X