300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fresh start.

I have gathered up my thoughts over the last 30 hours or so and decided to not get hung up on Chicago (Which had all of my eggs in their basket). So, here we go. I am going to be looking southside. screw up north and I just plain out hate the western suburbs (must every subdivision look identical.... edward scissorhands anyone?). So, I am looking for some info here on towns. Which cities have recently tested that I shouldn't even bother thinking about? Off the top of my head I have:

Alsip, Oak Lawn, Midlothian, Worth....

I know there are a lot more but lay off me. It has been a tough day and a half. (Not to mention I got a flat tire today, ugh) So, which cities should be gearing up to test?
    Hickory Hills? Bridgeview? Chicago Ridge? Evergreen Park? Flossmoor(I floss plenty, thank you!) Orland Park? Tinley Park?

I know there are a lot of people on here who have kept tabs on who's testings should be fueling up, so input would be appreciated.... I can't let my gym body fall back into my Oh my god! I can get half the menu at Taco Bell for 5 bucks body.
    one point twenty one jiggowatts....ONE POINT TWENTY ONE JIGGOWATTS!!!

hickory hills, tinley park (september 2010), and homewood all just recently tested

Comment

Well nothing like dismissing 2 out of the 3 directions of suburbs and over generalizing. If anything the South suburbs are the ones in the worst economic shape. Let me know how writing off whole areas works out for ya...
      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
        Well nothing like dismissing 2 out of the 3 directions of suburbs and over generalizing. If anything the South suburbs are the ones in the worst economic shape. Let me know how writing off whole areas works out for ya...
        This. Just test and go with it.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

The west suburbs are where you would get hired if anywhere. You also skipped the southwest, northwest, and "second-ring" suburbs.

Follow your gut and go where you think you'll fit in best, though I'm sure that there are departments in the suburbs you dismissed where you would be a viable candidate.
          Last edited by ModerateLiberal; 07-14-2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: Wording

Comment

I don't think you have the options to pick and choose. Why the hate for all these suburbs. I am from Chicago and now work for a department way from Chicago and love it. Just because how all the houses look the same in a town has no similarities of how the police department operates. You should also make sure since you got denied in your background for Chicago that it is not an automatic DQ for these departments, so you are not wasting your time. Good luck. Look out of state too.

Comment

Chihope, good idea about looking into background and DQ reasons. CPD is waaaaaay more lenient in backgrounds than quality Suburbs, so definitely want to make sure there are no big flags waving.

Exodus, the topics around here have been fairly dead so not much to post on lately
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

He was DQ'ed from CPD and is showing hate for the better off suburban areas because they almost always have higher standards, so hes not left with much to try to get in with.

My advice to the OP, put apps in all over your state and even in neighboring states to see who bites if you really want to try to get into this field but...you would probably be better off going to college and getting a degree in a field that interests you other than law enforcement.
                Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

The only reason I was DQ'ed was because I said too much about something that isn't even on my record. A freudian slip if you will. My actual record is completely clean.

Comment

Suburban departments also ask "Things which are not on your record." You will also be taking polygraphs to verify you are telling the truth throughout the whole process.

Comment

You know what, I'm not gonna sit on here debating something that is just going to go in circles. We will see what happens wherever. I was simply looking for info as to which departments just recently tested and who should be coming up. If I can't be a cop for some minuscule issue in my past, then screw it. Ill figure something else out. But, I think if I can get some face time in front of somebody and actually be able to relay my story I should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                        I'd dot that, get your foot in the door and then you can evaluate where you want to work. Plus a fair amount of these west suburbs are annexing land and growing, same with some of the northern ones.

Comment

Hey GWood...just pay attention to positivity. I know how it feels to not get the call but also keep ur mind open because as someone said, where one door closes, another one opens up. Use that door to get certified and springboard to a location of your desire....I think that's what everyone is trying to say. It may be a slight hassle for ya, but it will payoff in the long run when a much more local dept opens up and say they are only taking certifieds first. Don't give up bigguy. Been reading your posts and know how much you want it just by reading them. Great Luck to ya. As I always say, what God has for YOU is for YOU and nobody else. Allow HIS WILL to guide n motivate you because HE already knew the final result with CPD. It may have been a situation that HE'S not allowing you to be in on the CPD force that may have placed you in a situation of harm. HE obviously has something else in store for you and only God knows. Allow HIS Will to take effect and continue on your venture in LE. Peace

Comment

Awesome post Que_dog, I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Thanks RMM. Just speaking from the heart.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7664 users online. 436 members and 7228 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X