Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evanston Police Department

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Did anyone go take the desk aid position exam yesterday? My wife was supposed to go but she couldn't make it..I was just wondering how many people showed up

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Cicero1138 View Post
      Did anyone go take the desk aid position exam yesterday? My wife was supposed to go but she couldn't make it..I was just wondering how many people showed up
      I took this test about a year ago. I was in the "C" group and was called for a interview/poly. But I declined. Seems like they burn thru candidates.

      Comment


      • #93
        My wife is a desk aid already but desk aids in Evanston get paid top dollar!! She couldn't call off work to go, but I told her that over 100 people were going to apply anyway since it was on blueline..

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Cicero1138 View Post
          My wife is a desk aid already but desk aids in Evanston get paid top dollar!! She couldn't call off work to go, but I told her that over 100 people were going to apply anyway since it was on blueline..
          I went and there were about 20 people for the 8am test on Monday. But then again I think there were about 6 different sessions offered, so maybe about 100 something people testing?

          Comment


          • #95
            I have no idea brother..bman4130 took it b4, & said that there was a lot of applicants
            Originally posted by Raymondsj View Post
            I went and there were about 20 people for the 8am test on Monday. But then again I think there were about 6 different sessions offered, so maybe about 100 something people testing?

            Comment


            • #96
              Has anyone who tested heard back yet? They said 5 business days and I haven't heard anything.

              Comment


              • #97
                For all you north shore loving boys and girls, Evanston is taking applications again (starting the 18th I think). It is up on their website right now, wasn't on Blue Line last I know of. It's a decent agency but a word to the wise...they are not afraid to extend and/or fire PPOs. I would not suggest going there if you're "laid back" and "mellow." That might seem to be a given to some of you but there are plenty of new hires that fit that easy going, relaxed bill.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                  For all you north shore loving boys and girls, Evanston is taking applications again (starting the 18th I think). It is up on their website right now, wasn't on Blue Line last I know of. It's a decent agency but a word to the wise...they are not afraid to extend and/or fire PPOs. I would not suggest going there if you're "laid back" and "mellow." That might seem to be a given to some of you but there are plenty of new hires that fit that easy going, relaxed bill.
                  Very true about the firings. It's the only north shore town with a good number of homicides due to gang shootings every year. They make alot of battery/drug/gun arrests and the radio is hopping all night long. Basically the rule of thumb is to try and beat evanston's paddy wagon to bond court drop off or you will be there a while. That says it all...

                  Honestly can't believe that only 100 people tested for Evanston. Even the smaller departments used to get 300-500 applicants. Maybe times are changing with all the police lawsuits and hatred against cops, causing less people to apply.


                  Best of luck all.
                  Last edited by axelfoley4; 07-17-2015, 08:16 AM.
                  Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

                  Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

                  Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

                  Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

                  Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
                    Very true about the firings. It's the only north shore town with a good number of homicides due to gang shootings every year. They make alot of battery/drug/gun arrests and the radio is hopping all night long. Basically the rule of thumb is to try and beat evanston's paddy wagon to bond court drop off or you will be there a while. That says it all...

                    Honestly can't believe that only 100 people tested for Evanston. Even the smaller departments used to get 300-500 applicants. Maybe times are changing with all the police lawsuits and hatred against cops, causing less people to apply.


                    Best of luck all.
                    Sounds like an amazing place to work for me! Will be applying for sure.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
                      Very true about the firings. It's the only north shore town with a good number of homicides due to gang shootings every year. They make alot of battery/drug/gun arrests and the radio is hopping all night long. Basically the rule of thumb is to try and beat evanston's paddy wagon to bond court drop off or you will be there a while. That says it all...

                      Honestly can't believe that only 100 people tested for Evanston. Even the smaller departments used to get 300-500 applicants. Maybe times are changing with all the police lawsuits and hatred against cops, causing less people to apply.


                      Best of luck all.
                      People don't pay attention to Evanston. I don't think they realize how big it is and how close it is to the city. They might know it borders the city on Howard St. but not necessarily know anything about the 024th Dist or The Jungle (if that makes any sense). Between Jonquil Terrace in the city and the westside of Evanston...if you want to find something to do, you can. I know a lot of people there and considered it myself in the past but it's too far north for my blood (geographically speaking). And they hire off every list.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nick44 View Post
                        Sounds like an amazing place to work for me! Will be applying for sure.
                        You can check out there radio traffic on broadcastify.com more convenient than a ridealong.

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for the info

                          Comment


                          • Nick44..turn on your private messages.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                              People don't pay attention to Evanston. I don't think they realize how big it is and how close it is to the city. They might know it borders the city on Howard St. but not necessarily know anything about the 024th Dist or The Jungle (if that makes any sense). Between Jonquil Terrace in the city and the westside of Evanston...if you want to find something to do, you can. I know a lot of people there and considered it myself in the past but it's too far north for my blood (geographically speaking). And they hire off every list.
                              Been to the Juneway/Jonquil Jungle on more than one occasion. Lots of south side transplants there.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                                Nick44..turn on your private messages.
                                Ok I think they are on now

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4891 users online. 263 members and 4628 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X