• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kotcho View Post
    *The fix is in*
    Explain?

Comment

Anyone hear anything further from this department yet? Any movement??????

Comment

Haven't heard anything.

Comment

I just went to the City of Evanston's website, and they haven't posted an eligibility list. It has been 5 weeks since we got the email telling us we passed the interview. Has anybody else received any further correspondence from The City of Evanston?

Comment

I originally got an email saying I passed the oral interview.. Then recently I got another email saying that was a clerical error and I didn't pass... Never seen anything like that before..

Comment

Hey hip hop....so did I, but a while ago.......keep in mind I have had the exact same interview and questions with other departments using i/o solutions and made their lists........like I said....the fix is in!

Comment

Hiphop/Kotcho I am sorry to hear the bad news. Really strange how this hiring process is unfolding. Best of luck testing with other departments. Did anyone else hear anything since 7-7-11 from the City of Evanston?

Comment

I just find it strange that they can somehow have the same "Clerical Error" with multiple people.. Really doesn't make sense..

Comment

I guess a few weeks really means a few months. Has anyone else heard anything from epd?

Comment

Originally posted by B-sully View Post
                      I guess a few weeks really means a few months. Has anyone else heard anything from epd?
                      I know they have a guy in the academy that is just beginning this week

Comment

I just heard they hired two people.

Comment

Any new news? Anyone get called for the b.i?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik1973 View Post
                            Beware Evanston. They will pick who they want and it has zero to do with how you test at any stage of the process. Been there - done that - after being # 3 after the written and going through the entire process, i was passed over because I "didn't show enough interest in the village of Evanston". Later found out that a relative of a village employee who was ranked well over 100 got my spot. Later hired at a different dept. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise.Just my experience.

I'm going to second this post. same thing happened to me. they have 3 different lists they put you on. supposedly the first list is for people with juice. i went through everything and right before getting hired they told me they had a more experienced candidate... found out later through one of their guys, that the other guy who got my position knew the chief. Turned out to be a blessing as we have 3 of their prior officers on our dept and they were thrilled to leave that place. i have never heard anything good about that department. but at least your busy...
                            Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

Heard they had a few p.o's retire this month. Have they called up anyone else from the a group?

Comment

I was sent an email 03/01 stating to take the poly, psych and the rest of the testing to continue but I am already employed by another agency and turned down the offer. I have no idea what number I was. I heard too much about them micromanaging the guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3301 users online. 164 members and 3137 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X