Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone hear from Evanston on how their interview went?

Comment

I got an email that said there are a few people ahead of me and that I should be ready to participate in the remaining process.

Comment

I received the same email...very vague, how many is a few? And they said I'll be moving forward in the next few weeks and they mentioned an eligibility list but never sent it in the email, so how do we know where we stand.....hmmmmmm
        Last edited by chgometro; 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It seems like I got the same email as you guys... Says I will be moving forward in the next few weeks and says there are a couple people ahead of me on the eligibility list but never says where I stand.. I was going to attempt to call or email them to get a little more clarification..

Comment

Just got the same email. looking forward to that email.

Comment

I got the same email. I was told by HR (after they put me in group A) that everyone in group A is treated the same no matter how well they scored on the test. Since the power, and the interview were pass/fail how did they determine who gets called first? Oh well its only a few weeks. Good luck moving forward: Inferno93, Hiphop1983,chgometro,kotcho

Comment

Good luck guys!

Comment

so I received a call from HR yesterday and I asked about this vague email. I was initially told that they would not tell me where I was placed due to their policy. By the time I got off the phone with her, she informed me that I wasn't placed in the initial group to continue after my oral interview oral. She told me that I didn't score high enough on the written portion of the oral and therefore, I would be contacted after the first group of people who scored higher went through. However, she would not tell me my score....sounds alittle fishy, like they are going to pick who they want.

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
                    so I received a call from HR yesterday and I asked about this vague email. I was initially told that they would not tell me where I was placed due to their policy. By the time I got off the phone with her, she informed me that I wasn't placed in the initial group to continue after my oral interview oral. She told me that I didn't score high enough on the written portion of the oral and therefore, I would be contacted after the first group of people who scored higher went through. However, she would not tell me my score....sounds alittle fishy, like they are going to pick who they want.
                    Wow.. Did they call you out of the blue or were they returning a call from a message you left? I guess everyone in this thread is in the same group because we all received the same kind of email... I called the HR number I had a few days ago but got the voicemail... I didnt leave a message but I did send an email but havent gotten a response yet..

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
                      im pretty sure my fellow canidates on this forum agree, if u cant pass the physical u have no business applying, u take up spots and waste the boards time of people who want it and can pass the physical what a joke
                      Just to play devils advocate:

How does one know they can't pass the physical unless they test? It's one thing to simulate it at the gym but a whole other thing when under pressure. If everyone followed your logic then they should not gave a physical as everyone would pass it since nobody else would apply. Why not use the same standard for psych tests, background checks, and written tests? The whole point of the test is to evaluate the person if I remember correctly. Your logic suggests letting the person evaluate themselves and trusting their judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Toorop View Post
                        Just to play devils advocate:

How does one know they can't pass the physical unless they test? It's one thing to simulate it at the gym but a whole other thing when under pressure. If everyone followed your logic then they should not gave a physical as everyone would pass it since nobody else would apply. Why not use the same standard for psych tests, background checks, and written tests? The whole point of the test is to evaluate the person if I remember correctly. Your logic suggests letting the person evaluate themselves and trusting their judgement.
                        The physical test standards are clearly set forth ahead of time and are comprised of baseline standards.

Go to a track...can you run 1.5 miles in the required time?
                        Go to a gym, can you bench press the required percentage of your weight?
                        Put your feet under a couch, can you do the situps needed in one minute?
                        Sit and reach is tough without a box but you have an idea of your general flexibility.

It is one thing to have a bad day and fail your run or drop some situps and fail, but there are people who fall well beneath the minimum standards and have no chance of making them.

Comment

If you are applying for a position as a law enforcement officer, there should be no question as to whether or not you can pass the power test. This is a standard, anyone who seriously wants this job should have no issue here.

Comment

Evanston had a test for the Fire Department two weeks prior to the police test. They just posted a eligibility list on there website.

http://www.cityofevanston.org/assets...%20Ranking.pdf

I wounder if they are going to do this for Group A of the police test.

Comment

Originally posted by B-sully View Post
                              Evanston had a test for the Fire Department two weeks prior to the police test. They just posted a eligibility list on there website.

http://www.cityofevanston.org/assets...%20Ranking.pdf

I wounder if they are going to do this for Group A of the police test.
                              Thats cool.. They should do the same for us..

Comment

*The fix is in*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 268 members and 4684 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X