300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanston Police Department

Did anyone do the physical examination for the Evanston Police Department today? I did it today and passed it and wanted to know was there anyone else there?

I had the 2:30 time.... passed, saw some people fail the bench, but the worse was watching the guy who was doing the run. He did 3 or 4 laps and just collapsed on the side of the track.... was on a good pace, but he just was done and didn't have anything left.

Comment

I had the 1pm time... When I got finished and I was on my way to my car so I went back out to the track to get some water from the fountain and there was a guy throwing up.. He may have only had like a few more yards to go... I left but I hope he made it...

Comment

Another bad thing was they gave people an opportunity to do a second attempt... So some people had to run the 1.5 Mile twice if they failed it the first time.. That had to be brutal... I was talking to one guy who said he was just going to leave because he failed the run and the bench press the first time.. I told him not to quit and try once more, but I don't know if he stayed or not because I didn't see him anymore

Comment

i was there at 8am for the power test

Comment

I was there at 1Pm and saw the puking guy and one guy on the bench fail. I talked to the lady at the sign in desk and was told that only 191 applications were filled out correctly. For a 164 sworn member department that seems like good odds figuring that that will be cut down on the rest of the testing process. Anyone know how many of the last list they went through?

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno93 View Post
              I was there at 1Pm and saw the puking guy and one guy on the bench fail. I talked to the lady at the sign in desk and was told that only 191 applications were filled out correctly. For a 164 sworn member department that seems like good odds figuring that that will be cut down on the rest of the testing process. Anyone know how many of the last list they went through?
              That is good to know... I was wondering how many people were applying, In the group at 1pm it seemed to only be about 45 people there... I wonder how many people they plan on bringing on?

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno93 View Post
                Not sure, but they have 4 in the academy right now.

Comment

im pretty sure my fellow canidates on this forum agree, if u cant pass the physical u have no business applying, u take up spots and waste the boards time of people who want it and can pass the physical what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
                    im pretty sure my fellow canidates on this forum agree, if u cant pass the physical u have no business applying, u take up spots and waste the boards time of people who want it and can pass the physical what a joke
                    Agreed. How do you not even bother to practice the bench before you come and take the test? I've witnessed many who lay down confidently on the bench and then have the bar come crashing down on them. What a waste of time and resources.

Comment

I mean i got lazy after high school failed a power and got myself back up after it i was so embarrassed that i got my self in a position not to fail ever again

Comment

Beware Evanston. They will pick who they want and it has zero to do with how you test at any stage of the process. Been there - done that - after being # 3 after the written and going through the entire process, i was passed over because I "didn't show enough interest in the village of Evanston". Later found out that a relative of a village employee who was ranked well over 100 got my spot. Later hired at a different dept. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise.

Just my experience.

Comment

Agree on the power. Took one 1 week ago, just before me I saw about 12 guys fail the bench (out of roughly 60). I had 265 on mine, I told the officers to stack 315 to make it nice and even but they wouldn't. I brought it down and held it for about 2 seconds then racked it. That's how it's done, got to practice. Ohh yeah, for a big guy like me I did the 1.5 in 12:15, I finished in the top 50 in my group of 25 that ran. If you can't even pass the silly power test, how do you expect to make it in the academy?

U.S. Border Patrol
                          EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

I took the power at 9:15, went really well in my group.

I believe one girl failed, but she said she know she would not be able to pass.

Good luck to everyone on the test this Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                              a lot of people are told by the PD, friends, etc how "easy and a joke the test is". Hence people don't prepare, go in, and look like fools.
                              This is pretty accurate. When I tell people what the POWER test consists of, they all laugh and say how easy it sounds. It sounds easy to me too! But a lot of people forget how much time has gone by since we played college/high school ball. For your average beer league softball player and call of duty champ, this test will suck. I haven't failed one in years, but I still hate that run! Give me a Matteson/Batavia type obstical course every time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4888 users online. 249 members and 4639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X