Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions decisions.....To be honest, you've got as much of a chance getting hired in either one of them, Just pick the dept. that you would want to work for the most. I'm going to Bensenville because I know the area fairly well.

U.S. Border Patrol
    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Originally posted by dstepha2 View Post
      Does anyone know if Posen is hiring? There are 2 other tests that day as well (Lincolnwood and Bensenville) to choose from. Actually, it would be a great help if anyone knew if Lincolnwood or Bensenville were looking to hire (I got the feeling that Bensenville only wanted military because half of their preliminary application consisted of questions about military experience...)
      Woodridge is also testing the same day....that's where I'll be.

Comment

Not sure how true it is; but I heard two Posen officers were possibly terminated last week so there's a least two open spots if true

Comment

soooooo anyone testing with Posen still?

Comment

just got back home from the orientation! Incase anyone cares....there were 55 people including 3 LEO's who return the application packets; but it didn't appear everyone showed up for the orientation. Posen is looking to hire ONE (1) officer but there are TWO (2) corporal positions open (must be the two that got fired) within the department so i'm assuming they could possible hire 3 even know the Chief didn't officially say it. Posen also has 14 full time and 6 part time officers who work 12hr shifts. Correct me if i'm wrong because I was sitting in the back but it sounded like he said the starting salary which is under negotiations is 38k while in the academy than 41k and within 5yrs you max out at 47!

Comment

Man, I am really interested in moving back down to those south side towns where I grew up, but the pay is so low I can't believe it. Lots of them top out at less than I started at in the job I'm working on getting out of! The cost of living down there is lower, but not that much lower.

Edit: The pay isn't why I'm interested in police work, but when you get used to a certain cost of living, that sort of change can be devestating.

Comment

yeah they kept repeating how the salary is under negotiations as well as a few other things within the department so well see if how much a difference it will be once they come up with something

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                  Man, I am really interested in moving back down to those south side towns where I grew up, but the pay is so low I can't believe it. Lots of them top out at less than I started at in the job I'm working on getting out of! The cost of living down there is lower, but not that much lower.

Edit: The pay isn't why I'm interested in police work, but when you get used to a certain cost of living, that sort of change can be devestating.
                  i agree! I'm fresh out of college so I'm just applying to as many departments as I can but I did find this Department in the South Burbs hiring part timers but the pay is so low I'm having second thoughts; It pays 7 bucks lower than my security job smh!

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Just got back from the Posen Test! There were about 40 people there including 5 LEO's. 27 people "passed" the fitness test given by COPS who just about passed everybody. During the fitness test I saw a young lady who gave up on the sit ups and just sat there with 31 completed and COPS failed her but the older lady who struggled and kept going with 34 completed after the time was up was passed on to the next step. The bench press was a little different unless thats always how its always done. (I was almost hit in the head with the bar because they didn't have the weights secured correctly so I prefer the Cook County bench press machine) 3 people failed the weight lift because they couldn't even move it a inch; I'm sure they would have been passed if they would have moved it a inch because COPS passed everybody else doing it wrong. Everybody over 6'0 appeared to struggle with the sit and reach but everyone passed. The running was ok; wasn't expected it to be so hot out that early in the morning but I finished in just under 11 minutes. There was one guy there a green shirt who finished in like 9:40... 9:45 and another guy on his last lap finsh at over 17 mintues. He failed but if you came in just over the time limit COPS passed you on to written test. Last was the written test. Not sure if all departments conduct there testing like this but with COPS everyone starts at the same time and complete the test at the same time which I hated. Jr. (rep. from COPS) would read the directions in each section then say you have x amount of minutes to answer all the questions. Once he say pencils down, you can't go back to a previous section or if you finish the section early you can't move ahead which is stupid! Most people from the Midlo test were complaining about the Vocabulary....It was a little hard, Saw lots of words I have never heard of and didn't appear to be criminal justice words either. There was one question in one of the sections which had everybody talking about it at the end of the test.... I just Google the question and I got it wrong on the test! Overall I think I did pretty good on it; This is only the Second Dept I have tested for.
                      Last edited by blackwellcm; 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I was there for the Posen test also today. I was thrilled that it only took 1 hour to complete the physical instead of waiting in line for 1 hour! Anyways, everything went smooth today...Sorry to say, but there were a lot of people that should not have been there. I'm sure plenty of people will have failed the written!

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I got my letter today for an interview August 24th...did anybody else get good news today?

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7840 users online. 204 members and 7636 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X