300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Forest Police Department

Anyone else attending the orientation and written/physical next week? According to the young lady that collected the applications last week, there were only 60 apps turned in. I'm sure there were last minute submissions, but still a relatively low number for a good department.

Does anyone know anything about this PD? Aside from being surrounded by high-class areas like Maywood.

Turned in my application today at about 3:30pm....I know....just made the deadline. As I was done turning mine in, there were about 5 people behind me waiting in line to do the same thing.

Comment

I'll be there. I'm very familiar with the department. Anyone can PM with questions.

Comment

Received a phone call yesterday about my application..long story short...it was mentioned that there were about 100 applicants total.

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
        I'll be there. I'm very familiar with the department. Anyone can PM with questions.
        Item9, do you know the overall morale of the department? In general, are officer's happy? Doesn't seem like many people on here have much to say about River Forest, just curious.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mjaga;2776042]
          Last edited by Item9; 04-22-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjaga View Post
            ...there were about 100 applicants total.
            I can live with that number haha

Comment

Around 85 at the orientation, not too shabby. Not a big fan of the planned group interviews, but oh well. Good luck on Saturday!

Comment

Anybody hear about an interview? I'm pretty sure I scored high enough for one. I might call tomorrow if I don't hear anything.

Comment

Anybody hear about an interview? I'm pretty sure I scored high enough for one. I might call tomorrow if I don't hear anything.
                  Nothing yet......IDK that I'll make the cut for the interview. Felt a little better after talking to some other people and hearing their scores, but there were several that were higher than mine, so who knows.

Comment

Anybody hear about an interview?
                    Safe to say that if we haven't heard anything by now we weren't in the top 12. Oh well....prep for the next test.

Comment

I'm really hoping that's not the case.
                      Last edited by Item9; 04-22-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Ok - I spoke to her and no one has been called yet. The initial list should come out very soon and it sounds like the interview date may be changed, so they haven't notified anyone because that's unsettled.
                        Last edited by Item9; 04-22-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Got the list in the mail yesterday. Are they just waiting until after preference points to do interviews? Anyone know?

Comment

My interview has already been scheduled.

Comment

Interesting that they decided to schedule interviews before preference points. I figured I didn't score high enough compared to others to move on, but am happy with my position on the list. However, the score that appears on the list is 1 point lower than the score I was told I received on the day of the test. Looks like that would move me up 1-4 spots depending on the alphabetical order of the names (don't have the list in front of me).

Are they still conducting the interviews this evening as originally planned?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9954 users online. 485 members and 9469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X