300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi certification for Illinois

I am graduating from a Wisconsin Law Enforcement Academy this week and I was debating on whether or not to apply for depts. in Illinois. Does the certification for Wisconsin transfer to Illinois? I have been told that it does not and I have also been told that I would have to take a state law course and do some remedial training in firearms. Does anybody have the correct information? If not, does anyone know where I can find out this information for sure?

Go the the Illinois training board website www.ptb.state.il.us . You will not necessarily get the answer you are looking for because you would not provide a benefit to an agency in Illinois. WHen agencies look for laterals they are not only looking for people who are certified they are also looking for people with experience of which you have none. Further the decision to seek a waiver of training begins with a hiring agency who will only be allowed to request a waiver once you have been hired. They will petition the board who then can decide after they review to grant a waiver (with conditions) or reject it all together and require an academy. DO cops lateral from WI to IL with conditions, of course they do. I do not realistically believe that would apply to you. Good Luck either way.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Missouri transfers to IL of course MO has a higher min standard than IL with IL being somewhere around 400hr academy and Mo being 600. IL will require firearms and statute classes which take around 2 weeks. I know many out of state laterals and Dept's in IL love them because they don't have to send someone through the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 206 members and 3173 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X