• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bnsf railway police department

BNSF Railway Police
    Position Title: Senior Patrolman
    Position Type: Police
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closing Date: 5/8/2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Description

DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for performing aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property, trains, automobiles, and high value shipments. SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns and taking appropriate action. INVESTIGATIONS AND REPORTS: Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations and provide accurate, detailed written reports. PATROL: Identify and properly handle trespassers on company property and make arrests as appropriate.

Additional Information

FOR FULL JOB POSTING INFORMATION AND TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE GO TO www.BNSF.com click on the "Careers" button and follow the instructions. Job postings for the Police team can be found under "Operations- Resource Protection" in the job search. 2 Positions available for the Cicero, IL location only.

Job Requirements

•Age N/A
    •Education N/A
    •Experience 2 years minimum
    •Additional Requirement :
    • 21 years of age or older. • High School diploma or GED. • BNSF is a drug-free company and employees will be subject to random drug tests. • Willing to submit to an employment, criminal and driving background review. • Available to work in the geographic area indicated. • Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English. • Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet. • Work a 40 hour work week. Shifts are governed by union agreement and subject to seniority. Resource Protection operations are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week with alternate shifts including weekends, holidays and overtime. Available to work any of these shifts as required. • Possess a valid state-issued driver's license or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment. • Currently a commissioned peace officer. • Proficient in the use of computer systems for creating reports and databases. • Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling. • Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climbing on/off equipment. •Have a minimum of two years’ work experience as a commissioned peace officer. • Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools. • Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner.

Salary Information

Entry Level Salary: $4624 monthly

They pay well but seem to always be hiring. Red flag in my opinion?

Comment

it depends...if ya start with them, at a young age...yr gonna be around over 30 friggin yrs to get to retirement...
      age 60 !!!!!!!!!!!!, do 5 with them or minimum time...then off to another agency...
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Minimum age to draw a pension is 50. The % is based on years on the job. You can retire at 45 with 20 on but not collect till 50. The amount (%) you draw per year depends on which pension plan you are in, SLEP, IMRF or down state etc.

I know RR is age 60 Im not familiar with how much based on years on etc

Comment

Originally posted by loyolapd
          I’m in my 20’s and this wouldn’t be a problem for me. So why would doing 30 years be crazy? I believe the minimum age for retirement for most traditional municipality PD’s is 55 and 20 years on. So even if you are in your early 20’s, u still have to work til your 55. Ex: If you’re 25, by the time you reach 55yrs old, you still would have worked 30 years for retirement benefits.

Plus, you only get the minimum percentage of your last salary for benefits, which is taking a major pay-cut to maintain your present living conditions. I assume this is why a lot of cops find employment after retiring. MOST of the brass at my job are ex Chicago Police Officers, down from Internal Affairs, Lieutenants, and Sergeants. So I don’t see what the big deal is. Unless it’s different down in Florida?....
          quite different.....

age 19 you can start a police/ corrections officer pension...both are leo's by state statute here

most cities...20 yrs and out

sheriff.........25 and out at 75 %

i started at 23, and retired at 49...( the over time was sweet )
          buddy is retiring may 20th...at 48 with 25 1/2..sgt...promoted to Lt when retired

this idiot govenor wants everyone to stay til age 60.....

that said...it's a young mans game, don't let anyone kid ya on that.
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4259 users online. 280 members and 3979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X