Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State Universities Civil Service Exam. NEED ADVICE!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Universities Civil Service Exam. NEED ADVICE!!

Need some assistance guys! Today while taking a SUCSE for an Illinois University, I was told I could not take the exam because I took the exam for another University. The first test I took was in Jan of this year. Today I was told that since I took this exam back in Jan that I couldnt take it again?? I asked if I can transfer scores, I was told no. I asked who I could talk to about this and was told " talk to the last university you took the test with" HUH??? WHY??? Then I was told " well thats what they told us " So I went home went on http://www.sucss.state.il.us/legal and it says online that I can take the test up to 3 times in a 12 month period. Im very confused and dont know who to talk to or call. I just feel like they have the wrong information. ANy advice would be great!!

Originally posted by ende333 View Post
    Need some assistance guys! Today while taking a SUCSE for an Illinois University, I was told I could not take the exam because I took the exam for another University. The first test I took was in Jan of this year. Today I was told that since I took this exam back in Jan that I couldnt take it again?? I asked if I can transfer scores, I was told no. I asked who I could talk to about this and was told " talk to the last university you took the test with" HUH??? WHY??? Then I was told " well thats what they told us " So I went home went on http://www.sucss.state.il.us/legal and it says online that I can take the test up to 3 times in a 12 month period. Im very confused and dont know who to talk to or call. I just feel like they have the wrong information. ANy advice would be great!!
    Call the human resources dept at the university and tell them what you found off the SUCSS website, and if you can get it resolved from them, call SUCSS at 217.278.3150. Which university was this at that you took the test before and today, I assume UIC in JAN.

Comment

yes UIC in Jan, CSU now..

Comment

Thanks for the advice! talked with someone at SUCS.. Will be able to test now!!

Comment

Originally posted by ende333 View Post
          Thanks for the advice! talked with someone at SUCS.. Will be able to test now!!
          Nice

Comment

yep that happened to me with eiu...I took the uofI one but couldn't do the eiu test, granted they were 2 weeks apart.

Comment

Yeah I am the same vote took the U of I Test and can't take the EIU test, Rumor at the U of I test was they (EIU) were only going to hire a woman or minority not the best qualified. I have no problem with them getting it if they are best qualified. I plan on talking to a State Rep about this because I feel its an injustice a not to select the best qualified , but more that it's a waste of tax dollars to have to completely retest when you just finished first two phases. What a waste of time and resources. That's why Illinois SUCS haha. I am hopefully head somewhere else.
              Last edited by crstephens; 05-11-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5596 users online. 180 members and 5416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X