X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjw5678
    started a topic Summit PD

Summit PD

OK I have had a few people pm me about Summit. I have no idea what the starting pay is now or pay range but I have an email out to friend there. Yes it is a very busy town if you dont want to do police work do not test. I know shootings have sky rocketed the last few years.

Its a great group of guys and girls. Its been 8yrs since I left and some of the other young guys left after me A new chief is also in place who I know has made some unpopular changes. The Village is very political and I believe they are still interested in the CO taking over but im sure its a political move. I belive the Chief allows civilian riders so go take a ride and ask questions.

I enjoyed working there and would again, leaving for what appeared to be greener grass was just chemically treated,lol. It was a tight group and family orientated. Ill try to answer quesitons or find out for you.

• dogcop
    replied
    The town is economically in the toilet headed to the sewer. Don't know they're hiring status, but I'm sure things aren't good.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy1010
    replied
    Does anyone know if they have any plans to hire anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• jasiuplguy
    replied
    Originally posted by shawshank772 View Post
    Yeah thats about 5% true. They laid two people off probably 2 years ago. They since hired 2 from the current active list. From my understanding 1 of those people already left for another department. So, for him to say to due to layoffs is very very misleading and false. I believe they are trying to hire one of their part time guys to replace the one who left.
    I was just sharing what he told me. It seems like one of those "who you know, not what you know" departments.

Leave a comment:

• shawshank772
    replied
    Yeah thats about 5% true. They laid two people off probably 2 years ago. They since hired 2 from the current active list. From my understanding 1 of those people already left for another department. So, for him to say to due to layoffs is very very misleading and false. I believe they are trying to hire one of their part time guys to replace the one who left.

Originally posted by jasiuplguy View Post
    Just ran into Chief Peterson this morning. He told me that Summit's full force should be about 35, they are way under 30. He told me that the current list will expire before they hire anyone. Due to the layoffs that happened he does not know when they will start hiring again.

Leave a comment:

• jasiuplguy
    replied
    Just ran into Chief Peterson this morning. He told me that Summit's full force should be about 35, they are way under 30. He told me that the current list will expire before they hire anyone. Due to the layoffs that happened he does not know when they will start hiring again.

Leave a comment:

• mjw5678
    replied
    Last edited by mjw5678; 09-01-2011, 07:31 AM. Reason: issue resolved.

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    Good news good luck to those who are in the top ten

Leave a comment:

• shawshank772
    replied
    FYI they are moving forward with the top 10. I asked if they are now hiring and they stated they were. Didnt ask how many though.

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    Moved up five spots still in 20's though

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Final list came out at the end of last week. I didn't move, and haven't had a chance to compare the lists yet to see what happened to everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Thanks. We'll see what happens....I know COPS didn't know anything about the plans the dept had, so who knows if they're hiring.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    I made the top 12 after the oral. Can't remember how many are on the final list, but I can check tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Chi City
    replied
    Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chi City
    replied
    Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6516 users online. 232 members and 6284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X