Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah if you havent gotten it yet I dont think you will. I know the interviews are this week. They even sent out a second letter with the location of the interview. I can only assume that they did this because in their first letter there was a chicago address (the law office) at the top as well as the summit address. I guess this may have confused people..but who the hell would go to chicago and not the summit address?

Comment

received my interview tonight never got a first letter talk about short notice

Comment

It really doesn't matter much in Summit or suburbs as small as Summit because if you are not in top 10 or sometimes even top 5 you have no real chance of getting hired. The only good this testing does is improve your test taking skills. Especially at tests like the COPS test which hasn't changed in the last 10 years other than them simplifying it by getting rid of 1 section and allowing more time throughout each individual section.

Comment

Interviews were tonight. They ran group interviews, 6 at a time. The panel consisted of 3 members from the COPS Testing Service.

I also received my 2nd letter yesterday stating the address. COPS stated they have no idea whether the village intends to hire or not.

Comment

Actually I found that 1 minute isnt too bad, but at the same time a tad short. Hell when they give you a two part question how do you answer that in a minute!! However, A LOT of people tend to ramble on and on and on about NOTHING when there is no time limit. I did River Forests and after the 3rd question they had to tell us to speed up because we had 7 more to go..RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
              I'm glad I didn't go then. Those COPS panel interviews are silly. 6 people, 1 minute answers, too quick. How can you gauge someone from something like that?
              This was my first COPS interview, but I assume that since they have no relation to the department (and they weren't feverishly taking notes like any other interview I've had), they probably only grade the format of the answers, not the actual answers themselves. I hope they weren't grading on the content, b/c I knew absolutely nothing about the dept and Summit, and it showed compared with the answers others gave that lived in the immediate area.

Comment

Go the initial list in the mail today

Comment

Does anybody know if they give preference for associates in CJ I have one more semester for my bachelors?

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Exodus you should have a more pos. attitude. All your posts are VERY negative. Thats just the way this dept. decided to play ball. Only took the top 30. Tons of other towns do the same thing. I.E Streamwood, Mt Prospect, Oak Lawn etc etc. Just keep on keeping on.

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I made the top 12 after the oral. Can't remember how many are on the final list, but I can check tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks. We'll see what happens....I know COPS didn't know anything about the plans the dept had, so who knows if they're hiring.

Comment

Final list came out at the end of last week. I didn't move, and haven't had a chance to compare the lists yet to see what happened to everyone else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9730 users online. 458 members and 9272 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X