• Show
Clear All

• ochave000
    replied
    lol i know i was just trying to remain positive in my mind lol

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    i will be there tonight not feeling too good about the test but i will continue to remain positive, ive been reading my ARCO Police Exam Book for the last couple of weeks so maybe it will help a little

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    My app was number 114, and I picked it up either the last day we could or the day before, can't remember which exactly.

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    i was number 84 picking it up and it was on a tuesday about 3 days before the dead line to pick up

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    anyone have any idea how many apps were turned back in , i believe the deadline is 5pm Today

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    when i dropped mine off 140ish I believe was the count for apps handed out that was about a couple of days before the last day to pick one up

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    Totally agree the class is useless i think u get better w/ thr C.O.P.S test is taking it and keep trying 2 get better its my kryptonite but i know i will pass it this time.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    I'm glad I was able to snag an app. I figured not many would apply. The way I see it, is worst case scenario we paid $25 to get more experience with the darn COPS test. Isn't the "test taking techniques" class offered through COPS also $25? I'd much rather have a crack at an actual test for the same price.

Leave a comment:

• musclefan21
    replied
    Well, I thought their deadline was on June 10th, that is what I read, but it appears pick up deadline was the 27th. Darn it...

Leave a comment:

• mjw5678
    replied
    Honestly when I was there we had 1 Lt in investigations and if manpower was up we may have had up to 3 Dets (counting the LT). I believe right now its the same Lt and 1 other (det). When we had a homicide (s) we worked it ourself, I believe for one of them we had a State Police Investigator helping. I wouldnt doubt that one of them is in the Major Crimes though.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    I would bet their Dets are in the South Sub. Major Crimes TF..Almost all the towns are..

Leave a comment:

• mjw5678
    replied
    They have one in a task force currently and if its the same officer hes been in forever. I do not believe he has been pulled out or will be. They have investigations and used to have a tact unit, not sure if they still do it revolved around manpower/injuries etc. Swat team for sure. I do not believe they have formed any others.

Leave a comment:

• 3531Marine
    replied
    Does Summit have any special units or officers assigned to regional task forces?

Leave a comment:

• mjw5678
    replied
    Originally posted by JG0304 View Post
    I bet that Studio 63 is a problem on the weekends.
    Wow I guess parts of Summit is a hidden gang haven. I was just speaking of experience of being in that village alot in past few years. Thought it was pretty quiet.
    As far as the gangbangers I had a few run ins with some of the kings over by Famous and then some knuckle head kids who maybe were GD's. Brother in law got suckered punched a few years ago on the way home from Argo by a young group of black kids. He and I went back over there and found them still in the same spot trying to [email protected]^* with the kids coming home from practice. When we got there they all scattered.
    I just say they aren't anything to be afraid of cause that's what they want is for you to be afraid. Found that out as young kid coming home from school. These punks would chase me home or most the time catch me and give me a beating. Till I started fighting back and whopping some of their *****#S. Won some, lost some. I'm in no way saying I'm a bad ***** cause all the bad *****e$ are in jail or dead. But once they figured out I wasn't scared of them anymore they moved on to other kids.
    Yea Studio 63 keeps ya busy. The area around ElFamous, El Farrol the BBQ place etc is a hot spot cause everybody has to eat. The kings I know used to hang on the Corner by Famous all the time.

Leave a comment:

• JG0304
    replied
    I bet that Studio 63 is a problem on the weekends.
    Wow I guess parts of Summit is a hidden gang haven. I was just speaking of experience of being in that village alot in past few years. Thought it was pretty quiet.
    As far as the gangbangers I had a few run ins with some of the kings over by Famous and then some knuckle head kids who maybe were GD's. Brother in law got suckered punched a few years ago on the way home from Argo by a young group of black kids. He and I went back over there and found them still in the same spot trying to [email protected]^* with the kids coming home from practice. When we got there they all scattered.
    I just say they aren't anything to be afraid of cause that's what they want is for you to be afraid. Found that out as young kid coming home from school. These punks would chase me home or most the time catch me and give me a beating. Till I started fighting back and whopping some of their *****#S. Won some, lost some. I'm in no way saying I'm a bad ***** cause all the bad *****e$ are in jail or dead. But once they figured out I wasn't scared of them anymore they moved on to other kids.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9060 users online. 415 members and 8645 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X