Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I thought their deadline was on June 10th, that is what I read, but it appears pick up deadline was the 27th. Darn it...
    "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

Comment

I'm glad I was able to snag an app. I figured not many would apply. The way I see it, is worst case scenario we paid $25 to get more experience with the darn COPS test. Isn't the "test taking techniques" class offered through COPS also $25? I'd much rather have a crack at an actual test for the same price.

Comment

Totally agree the class is useless i think u get better w/ thr C.O.P.S test is taking it and keep trying 2 get better its my kryptonite but i know i will pass it this time.

Comment

when i dropped mine off 140ish I believe was the count for apps handed out that was about a couple of days before the last day to pick one up

Comment

anyone have any idea how many apps were turned back in , i believe the deadline is 5pm Today

Comment

i was number 84 picking it up and it was on a tuesday about 3 days before the dead line to pick up

Comment

My app was number 114, and I picked it up either the last day we could or the day before, can't remember which exactly.

Comment

i will be there tonight not feeling too good about the test but i will continue to remain positive, ive been reading my ARCO Police Exam Book for the last couple of weeks so maybe it will help a little

Comment

lol i know i was just trying to remain positive in my mind lol

Comment

See you guys there! Only my second go around at the COPS test. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I was also in the first room. I took the last available seat up front. The guy sitting next to me got up at about 6:55, and lost his seat when the proctor gave it to someone else. My first COPS exam was with Barrington, and it was decently organized, I felt. This was the complete opposite. I felt bad that he was running around the whole time. I'm thinking the kid was his son. I think he was keeping the time on his phone, but from my angle I could see he was on it the whole time. I know for sure I heard it vibrate on the table at least once.

I heard the other gentleman say there were 3 rooms. So the 2 men at check-in are with COPS? They had little star pins on their jackets, so at first I thought they were with the commission.

Before the test I heard convo going on in back, so I'm assuming that was you guys lol.

Comment

Got my letter last week. Return address is some law firm in Chicago. Made the top 30, interview is the 27th, NOT the 20th as was stated during the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                            Last week? You're the only one I know of who got their letter from Summit. I have yet to get one, and I met three others at the Midlothian test that didn't hear anything yet either. When was it dated?
                            Both the letter and the postmark are July 15. All it says is I'm in the top 30, and my interview is July 27 at 6pm.

Comment

. Getting tired of these towns "capping" their "final" list by only accepting a small number.

COPS is getting more and more disorganized, I swear. I thought them in Hickory Hills was bad, with the small, cramped Banquet Hall and small tables for everyone. Today, they were unaware of the number of applicants or spacing, and we had three small classrooms, no fans or a/c, nothing? The kid that was "watching" our group, and I say that lightly, was just watching his phone the whole time and looked high. We could've been passing answers and had a game of volleyball going, and he would not have had a clue.

Talked to a few guys. Pretty cool people. I'm pretty sure one of them is on here. #149? Heard some horror stories about hiring processes, lol.
                              You spend A LOT of time and energy bitching about police departments' testing policies/procedures...

Comment

Well I'm assuming I didn't make the top 30. If you got your letter and it was dated the 15th, today is the 18th and I don't have squat. I'm not far from Chicago or Summit. I would've got one by now. Specially if the interviews are next week basically. Damn it.
                                Never say never haha....I suppose it could still be on the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7609 users online. 364 members and 7245 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X