Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi City
    replied
    Last edited by Of.Ponzi; 08-06-2012, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    Does anybody know if they give preference for associates in CJ I have one more semester for my bachelors?

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    Go the initial list in the mail today

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus259
    I'm glad I didn't go then. Those COPS panel interviews are silly. 6 people, 1 minute answers, too quick. How can you gauge someone from something like that?
    This was my first COPS interview, but I assume that since they have no relation to the department (and they weren't feverishly taking notes like any other interview I've had), they probably only grade the format of the answers, not the actual answers themselves. I hope they weren't grading on the content, b/c I knew absolutely nothing about the dept and Summit, and it showed compared with the answers others gave that lived in the immediate area.

Leave a comment:

• shawshank772
    replied
    Actually I found that 1 minute isnt too bad, but at the same time a tad short. Hell when they give you a two part question how do you answer that in a minute!! However, A LOT of people tend to ramble on and on and on about NOTHING when there is no time limit. I did River Forests and after the 3rd question they had to tell us to speed up because we had 7 more to go..RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Interviews were tonight. They ran group interviews, 6 at a time. The panel consisted of 3 members from the COPS Testing Service.

I also received my 2nd letter yesterday stating the address. COPS stated they have no idea whether the village intends to hire or not.

Leave a comment:

• xnd1029
    replied
    It really doesn't matter much in Summit or suburbs as small as Summit because if you are not in top 10 or sometimes even top 5 you have no real chance of getting hired. The only good this testing does is improve your test taking skills. Especially at tests like the COPS test which hasn't changed in the last 10 years other than them simplifying it by getting rid of 1 section and allowing more time throughout each individual section.

Leave a comment:

• redbird40
    replied
    received my interview tonight never got a first letter talk about short notice

Leave a comment:

• shawshank772
    replied
    Yeah if you havent gotten it yet I dont think you will. I know the interviews are this week. They even sent out a second letter with the location of the interview. I can only assume that they did this because in their first letter there was a chicago address (the law office) at the top as well as the summit address. I guess this may have confused people..but who the hell would go to chicago and not the summit address?

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Well I'm assuming I didn't make the top 30. If you got your letter and it was dated the 15th, today is the 18th and I don't have squat. I'm not far from Chicago or Summit. I would've got one by now. Specially if the interviews are next week basically. Damn it.
    Never say never haha....I suppose it could still be on the way.

Leave a comment:

• goosethebird
    replied
    . Getting tired of these towns "capping" their "final" list by only accepting a small number.

COPS is getting more and more disorganized, I swear. I thought them in Hickory Hills was bad, with the small, cramped Banquet Hall and small tables for everyone. Today, they were unaware of the number of applicants or spacing, and we had three small classrooms, no fans or a/c, nothing? The kid that was "watching" our group, and I say that lightly, was just watching his phone the whole time and looked high. We could've been passing answers and had a game of volleyball going, and he would not have had a clue.

Talked to a few guys. Pretty cool people. I'm pretty sure one of them is on here. #149? Heard some horror stories about hiring processes, lol.
    You spend A LOT of time and energy bitching about police departments' testing policies/procedures...

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Last week? You're the only one I know of who got their letter from Summit. I have yet to get one, and I met three others at the Midlothian test that didn't hear anything yet either. When was it dated?
    Both the letter and the postmark are July 15. All it says is I'm in the top 30, and my interview is July 27 at 6pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    Got my letter last week. Return address is some law firm in Chicago. Made the top 30, interview is the 27th, NOT the 20th as was stated during the test.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    I was also in the first room. I took the last available seat up front. The guy sitting next to me got up at about 6:55, and lost his seat when the proctor gave it to someone else. My first COPS exam was with Barrington, and it was decently organized, I felt. This was the complete opposite. I felt bad that he was running around the whole time. I'm thinking the kid was his son. I think he was keeping the time on his phone, but from my angle I could see he was on it the whole time. I know for sure I heard it vibrate on the table at least once.

I heard the other gentleman say there were 3 rooms. So the 2 men at check-in are with COPS? They had little star pins on their jackets, so at first I thought they were with the commission.

Before the test I heard convo going on in back, so I'm assuming that was you guys lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    See you guys there! Only my second go around at the COPS test. We'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10327 users online. 375 members and 9952 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X