300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit PD

OK I have had a few people pm me about Summit. I have no idea what the starting pay is now or pay range but I have an email out to friend there. Yes it is a very busy town if you dont want to do police work do not test. I know shootings have sky rocketed the last few years.

Its a great group of guys and girls. Its been 8yrs since I left and some of the other young guys left after me A new chief is also in place who I know has made some unpopular changes. The Village is very political and I believe they are still interested in the CO taking over but im sure its a political move. I belive the Chief allows civilian riders so go take a ride and ask questions.

I enjoyed working there and would again, leaving for what appeared to be greener grass was just chemically treated,lol. It was a tight group and family orientated. Ill try to answer quesitons or find out for you.

I wish I had a dollar for every auto thief I chased behind the Shell into the Sec 8's...They do keep busy and even have rowhouse projects..

Comment

Summit PD gets no love from me. I and my wife had an incident there a few weeks ago being that her family lives there and they showed no professional courtesy to my wife or myself. Even though we both identified ourselves on the side to them as off duty PO's. We thought that would been willing to help out in our situation as my wife and I do for any other LE family that is involved in an incident. But I guess we were wrong and they were not willing to help us in the situation but trying and get out of doing anything further. Some lazy PO's.

Can't speak for all of them but those three PO's that day sure as hell don't understand the meaning of family.

Comment

Im sorry to hear that, I assure you that would not have been the case back in the day when I was there. We had alot of interaction with off duty PO's with all the bars and Burrito joints in town lol. If you PM me with their names ill see what the deal is. Not cool either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          I wish I had a dollar for every auto thief I chased behind the Shell into the Sec 8's...They do keep busy and even have rowhouse projects..
          Yes The hood, I miss that area, lots of fond memories

Comment

OK not official but word from one person there is probably not hiring anyone

Comment

Any word on pay scale, moral, residency?
              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Like I stated the new Chief has made some unpopular decisions lately. But no mass exodus that I know of. Residency was back when I was there I believe 15 miles or so from the Village.

Comment

ok just heard back from another friend in Summit. They are only making a list no plans to hire right now. 44k-64k in 4 years and no residency limit.

Comment

You have to remember Cook CO has a bigger budget. Summit is a great place to be the Police and do Police work. Dont make the mistake of making it about the money. Summit is alot of fun and a great group of guys. Test, get on the list and hope they hire. You will enjoy it if you are looking forward to being exposed to alot and learning alot everyday.

Comment

How much does county top out at?
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Put it this way. When my wife had her 3rd or 4th year on Chicago she was making more than 20 year vets at the county.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                          They make less then Cook County Corrections and deal with shootings every night?? That's pretty ridiculous.
                          I don't know about shootings every night there. My in-law lives there and it's really quiet. Sure there are alot of domestics.

Comment

I remember looking at the Chicago pay scale and it looked like it took 10 years to get to 70k, unless I didn't read it correctly.

Comment

Negative. With all their extra pay for duty availability, uniform allowance, etc. I believe my wife was at about mid 80's last year with 5 years on. That also included a bit of court time. But that was minimal. She's lucky if she went to court once a month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11409 users online. 458 members and 10951 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X