300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Agenices Hiring in Illinois

I am a recent college graduate looking to get into law enforcement in Illinois (where I have lived for most of my life). I have applied at a number of different depts and am at the physical portion with some and at the oral boards with a couple others. However, I was wondering if there were any out of state agencies that do recruitment in the Chicago area and how I would find out about these (I already know about blueline and publicsafteyrecruitment). I would travel and apply in other states, but I can't take vacation days yet at my job. ANy help would be great, thanks

Florida Highway Patrol but u have to make 3 trips to Florida you can apply online to start pay isnt that great but its a start ive applied and waiting to take written i also applied for Missouri Highway Patrol but i think the deadline has passed i took the missouri test in Jefferson city

Comment

I know Atlanta comes to Chicago, but I believe that have already done that this year. One thing some larger departments do is condensed testing for out of state test takers. Unless you work 7 days a week you can often work them into your schedule. The only way to find out about those departments is people tellng you on O.com or looking at larger department websites that interest you. Don't give up hope here in IL depending on where you are on the lists, two of the departments I applied to finally moved in the last three months. A lot of departments have been whittled down to their bare minimum through layoffs and retirements and are finally having to hire again, but that said there are also a lot of certified guys out there on these lists as well. Best of luck.

Comment

Yeah what I was asking was if there are any out of state that depts that recruit in Illinois where I won't have to make 3+ trips out of state because I can't leave my job

Comment

When Atlanta comes to town how do you find out? I heard they're always hiring

Comment

Here you go topflight and they are hiring. http://www.joinatlantapd.org/

Some jobs offer challenge. Some offer rewards. Some offer the chance to make a real difference in peoples' lives. A career with the Atlanta Police Department offers all this and more.

Join the APD today, and become part of the premier law enforcement team that's making one of America's best cities even better and safer.

Comment

They dont necessarily recruit but Gillette, WY PD is always hiring people outta illinois
              Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

Originally posted by topflight View Post
                When Atlanta comes to town how do you find out? I heard they're always hiring
                The website for Atlanta has dates for the recruiting events. I haven't heard if they are coming back to Chicago, but you could probably do the whole process in two trips if they don't. They are still actively hiring.

Comment

I believe in October/November of 2010 there were serveral radio commercials advertising Atlanta PD constantly. I heard it on 96.3 and 103.5. It was some pretty heavy advertisement they had going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
                    I believe in October/November of 2010 there were serveral radio commercials advertising Atlanta PD constantly. I heard it on 96.3 and 103.5. It was some pretty heavy advertisement they had going on.
                    Yeah, they did advertise pretty heavily. I also saw it on indeed.com. When Austin, TX PD came to Chicago it was also on indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by DJG10 View Post
                      Yeah, they did advertise pretty heavily. I also saw it on indeed.com. When Austin, TX PD came to Chicago it was also on indeed.
                      From what I heard both Atlanta and Austin hired a good number of people from these recruiting events too. If they come around again, I will definitely be hitting them up. Especially Austin... great city.

Comment

Didn't Madison, WI. come here also recruiting? I know Dallas did in the past, also.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          Didn't Madison, WI. come here also recruiting? I know Dallas did in the past, also.
                          Madison goes down to WIU to test on a yearly basis or so, not sure if they do events in the suburubs.

Comment

Originally posted by DC27 View Post
                            Madison goes down to WIU to test on a yearly basis or so, not sure if they do events in the suburubs.
                            They came to NIU also to recruit. Went up there and tested, did well on the written and physical, but was not chosen to continue. They had so many applicants they weren't even taking everyone that passed. Cool city though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted1958 View Post
                              Here you go topflight and they are hiring. http://www.joinatlantapd.org/

Some jobs offer challenge. Some offer rewards. Some offer the chance to make a real difference in peoples' lives. A career with the Atlanta Police Department offers all this and more.

Join the APD today, and become pathart of the premier law enforcement team that's making one of America's best cities even better and safer.
                              Thanks for the info will def. look into it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4324 users online. 247 members and 4077 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X