300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morton Grove, Northbrook, Park Ridge, Roselle, Wheeling PD

For a moment there I was almost excited to see a consortium exam with a few departments, until I realized it's just going to be a way for those departments to have a current eligibility list.

I know that Roselle and Park Ridge have laid off patrol guys recently. Anybody else have any information on the other departments?

Orientation on June 17th and 18th at Maine East HS in Park Ridge.

Written exam on June 25th @ 9am also at Maine East HS.
    Last edited by Mazury401; 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM.

Wheeling is hiring i talked to them at a career fair a few weeks ago dnt know about the rest

Comment

I took this test 2 years ago. I scored a 96 on the test (really easy test), and that wasn't good enough to get a call by any of the departments. I had an oral interview with Morton Grove, and Northbrook, but never heard anything from Wheeling or Roselle.

Comment

None of them are hiring.....Roselle and Park Ridge laid off, Wheeling has a lateral transfer list in which they are taking there next hires from and Northbrook is just establishing a list.

Comment

i guess when i talked to that Sgt from Wheeling thats what he meant about hiring, not entry but certified only oh well ill still take the test i mean its 5 depts a lot can happen in 2 years

Comment

I thought that two years ago... never really heard anything from them and I scored high too.

Comment

Probably going to skip out on this one....ISP test in Springfield is the same day, and the BG test is the same day as the ISP test up here. This would be a great opportunity however...

Comment

I heard the same things about the layoffs. Wheeling is supposed to be a good department. Just as a heads up, I talked to the Chief in passing and he asked me if I had any drug use history. Any drug use is a disqualifier for this Chief. Something to keep in mind if this applies to you. I myself, will be in Springfield for the ISP test. Good luck to those who apply.

Comment

I was going to go becuase it was a great way to test for a couple of departments at once but I saw itis on the same day has ISP test.

Comment

Roselle did lay off 2 officers about 3 years ago. Since then, they have only hired one of the laid off officers back. They even had a lateral transfer elgibility list they set up early last year. They hired nobody off of it....which makes sense seeing as how they didn't even hire the one still laid off officer back.

Comment

Originally posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
                      Roselle did lay off 2 officers about 3 years ago. Since then, they have only hired one of the laid off officers back. They even had a lateral transfer elgibility list they set up early last year. They hired nobody off of it....which makes sense seeing as how they didn't even hire the one still laid off officer back.
                      Roselle PD was where I completed my internship, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about the department. It's very unfortunate that they were unable to get into a financial agreement with the town and had to let go of good officers.

Comment

The last few times they have used the POST!

Comment

Not sure but Oak Park handed out applications the day of written and applications were due almost a whole month later.

Comment

With 5 Depts. involved anything can happen in 2 years. I'd take the test myself if I didn't have so many things going on right now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 369 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X