300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grayslake testing

With them now patrolling Hainesville, maybe they will actually be hiring.

Grayslake Police Department

Employment Opportunities:

Police Officer

Mandatory Orientation at 7:00 p.m. sharp on Monday, June 6, 2011, at Grayslake Central High School, 400 North Lake Street, Grayslake, Illinois (doors open at 6:00 p.m.). Starting salary $52,032. Applications are available now and recommended to be downloaded Employment Application

Applications are also available at the Grayslake Police Department, 10 South Seymour Street, Grayslake, Illinois. Application package* must be complete at time of physical aptitude and written examination on Saturday, June 11, 2011, at 8:00 a.m. at the Grayslake North High School (doors open at 7:00 a.m.)

hainesville is disbanded, no word on what happened to the officers, most i believe were part timers, and the full timers were already certified when they came on, i believe they only tested once when they put the place together , Hainesville is always been known as a speed trap, there is a article somewhere on the plan, and how Grayslake planned on patrolling Hainesville.

Comment

I tested with Grayslake in the summer of 2009 and scored over a 95. Haven't heard a thing from them

Comment

I spoke with a friend who works for them, I was told that they will most likely be hiring because they took over Hainesville and also that Grayslake is doing well financially. Their new contract is about to start too which increased the salary.
        I have to call them because it says, "Application package must include Physician’s Fitness Certificate" but the app it has to download doesn't have that...

Comment

Grayslake is a great dept to work for. I got an offer from them while I was in the academy with my 1st dept and I'm still kicking myself for not jumping at the opportunity. Good training, top salary is over $80,000, they still have OT, they are part of several task forces (meg, lake county major crimes, mcat, nipas) and they have a great group of officers to work with. They took over Hainesville after Hainesville decided to scrap their PD because the mayor said it was going to cost the village too much money. I believe Grayslake signed a 10 year contract with them. Their squads actually look very good with both depts names on them. I haven't seen their patches yet. I don't know if they're hiring, but if they are, you would be lucky to work there. Decent activity level with plenty of time to be proactive. Good Luck!
          Last edited by snowman02; 04-15-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I went to the dept to pick up an application today, but they said they hadn't released applications yet...

Comment

They are giving the C.O.P.S. test with the physical part first and then the written. Hopefully there is time enough in between to catch your breath

Comment

Which C.O.P.S. physical are they using the POWER test or the physical agility?

Comment

Originally posted by ModerateLiberal View Post
                  Which C.O.P.S. physical are they using the POWER test or the physical agility?
                  They are using the POWER test. The other one is the one where you have to jump and scale a 6 foot wall right?

Comment

Yeah, the physical agility test from C.O.P.S. is the 9-event one with the 6 foot wall being one of the events.

Comment

Anybody on their current list?

Any word if they will be hiring soon?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2880 users online. 166 members and 2714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X