300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments in Illinois that test for color blindness

I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any departments that test for color blindness or if anyone failed medical evaluation due to it. I recently got disqualified from an out of state department for this issue. I sometimes see (applicants must be free from color blindness) on postings on THEBLUELINE but not very often.

I dont know of any PDs or CO's that do not disqualify for that. How can you give or locate a suspect or vehicle without being able to ID the color of car, clothing etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
      I dont know of any PDs or CO's that do not disqualify for that. How can you give or locate a suspect or vehicle without being able to ID the color of car, clothing etc.
      I can tell the difference between colors. They gave me some dot test and the dots formed a numbers. I didn’t see all the number and they told me I may have a degree of color deficiency .

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
        Guess?

Comment

I had this very same issue quite some time ago. Most people hear "color blindness" and assume you are walking around in a world of well...no color. This is simply not true. Many males suffer from red/green color deficiency. A lot don't even realize it until they are tested! I had no idea I was color deficient until enlisting in the military at the tender age of 18 and being told such at the local MEPS.

I can easily distinguish a red car from a green car, but give me the standard "numbers in a circle" test and I'd be lucky to guess any of them correctly. Some departments are sticklers for this and other's are more lax. A lot depends on where you go for your examination. I happen to find a medical facility that tested with only colored pieces of yarn and not the Farnsworth or Ishihara tests. The only department which wanted additional clarification - back in the day - was Chicago PD. I was sent a letter requesting an examination by my own doctor after failing their administered color vision test. My doctor would have signed off no problem, but I had already gone to the academy for another agency and had no desire to go sit at Chicago's academy for another 26 or so weeks. Fast forward 13 years and it's never been an issue in a busy, Chicago suburban environment.

Comment

You can get a contact lenses for it and will be able to pass any test, its called a chromosome lens

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4494 users online. 274 members and 4220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X