300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy (College credit hours)

I attended SLEA in Dupage for the academy. I know for a fact you get college credit hours for attending the academy. My question is how many hours/credits do you receive for 3 month full-time academy. (480 hrs I think)

Like Loyola said, somewhere in the 20-24 Credit hour catagory. Some places , like Triton (CCSPD Academy was like 18 credits), will not give you the credit hours until you take at least one paid class. I would call COD and find out. Most of the classes you get credit for are the Law Enf 101, Criminology 101, an Eng 101. Most of the classes are usually the classes you would take 1st semester for an AA in Crim. Justice. I know that if you do the Psych Workshop at an Academy other than CPD, it's worth 4 credit hrs. at Chgo City Colleges. I just got my transcripts from CCC and have 24 Credit hrs. without ever setting foot in a classroom there. I also went to an inservice that is worth like 1 credit from some Univ. in Louisiana.

Here's the breakdown from Moraine Valley CC.

http://www.morainevalley.edu/crjpart...roficiency.doc

Comment

I went in 2008 and I think I got like 13 credits out of the 480 hour class.

Comment

went to the CPD academy in 1997 and received 16 through Harold Washington College but when I continued with my education, only 13 transferred.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3156 users online. 161 members and 2995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X