300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserves in Illinois

I'm a reserve Deputy in Indiana, looking at relocating to Effingham, IL area, I would like to continue my service, what are my options? I will contact the local Sheriff's Department, but I thought I'd ask you all first. Thanks in advance.

Lake County Sheriff has deputy reserves. I don't believe they accept applications year round. Check on their website.

Comment

You do realize that Lake Co is 250 miles, one way, from Effingham? Not likely Lake Co would consider taking on a reserve who lives 250 miles away.
      To find the answers to your questions you'll need to contact the specific sheriff's office as each is different. Some sheriff offices have reserves, some don't. It's up to each sheriff if he wants them. What the reserve's role is will depend upon how each sheriff wants to utilize them and how the sheriff depends on certifying them thru the ILETSB. Some may be non-sworn, non-gun carrying positions who are used as traffic control at events in the county. Other places the reserves might be authorized to carry a firearm and ride with sworn deputies.
      Here's the Effingham Co Sheriff's webpage and contact info.
      http://www.co.effingham.il.us/sheriff.html
      For information concerning auxiliary officers and other information concerning out of state officers transferring to IL you can go to http://www.ptb.state.il.us/mandates.htm for the IL Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
      183 FBINA

Comment

You could also check about part-time. Smaller agencies use them a lot. They will put your through the academy, you get paid, and your a credentialed police officer. Go gig for a guy that wants to be a cop but can't really afford to give up his current job.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll pursue the part time deal. I can take a new job, but can't stop policing :-).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5458 users online. 294 members and 5164 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X