Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Tinted Window Laws

Illinois Officers:

One of my partner officers and I were discussing the Illinois tinted window statute, 625 ILCS 5/12 503. We are not sure about the light transmittance factor. Or in other words, how do we make a determination that we have PC to stop based on window tint?

Thanks much,

Mike

Personally, I don't have access to a tint meter and have no experience with one. So...without being well versed in levels of tint, I wont use it as reason to stop.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Thank you Jeff. I just sent you a PM.

Comment

My agency has tint meters, and they work great - they are definitely accurate. I'm not an officer though, so I don't have first-hand experience. We write tints all the time though, no problems with the meter.
        Last edited by ModerateLiberal; 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks Moderate. I was not familiar with the meters until Jeff mentioned it. Glad to hear they exist and work well. My department doesn't have one but I am going to check with our County Sheriff and other departments around and see if any of them might.

Comment

Anyone know if certain brand tint-meters are approved for use in IL? I spoke to another officer about getting one and he was under the impression that we are awaiting a fry hearing on the validity of meters?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3413 users online. 211 members and 3202 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X