300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford PD

According to their website, they will be acception applications soon, anyone ever test with them before or know anything about the dept, i know a little about the area , and i know there is a good size amount of crime just looking to see how it is to work at this dept and morale and such

I see their ISPERN broadcasts come across LEADS all the time; every weekend they have multiple armed robberies and shots fired calls come across. If they have that many that make it to ISPERN, I wonder how many they have that don't! Busy place to work.
    Last edited by ModerateLiberal; 03-26-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they just tested in the last year or so. I remember kicking myself for not putting in an app. I wanna say I remember hearing they hired 30, but I could be mixing that up with a different pd.

Comment

Originally posted by ModerateLiberal View Post
        I see their ISPERN broadcasts come across LEADS all the time; every weekend they have multiple armed robberies and shots fired calls come across. If they have that many that make it to ISPERN, I wonder how many they have that don't! Busy place to work - and quite the ****hole.
        x2. I'm seeing messages about carjackings, armed robberies, shootings, etc. all the time from them. Busy place.

Comment

Yes we have high crime here, My cousin is an EX. Sergant with the department, and I have two others on with them currently. Big department but, they have only been laying off in the last 3 years, They have NOT Hired 30 officers. I know the Police Chief, and they plan on hiring in the future. Ironic thing is though, the news says they plan on laying off officers (6 I believe). But I hear they plan on accepting apts? Also our county plans on laying off 6+ Deputies (Winnebago County), and a few neighboring cities.

Comment

this was back in November
            Here's a look at the revised layoff impact to the department:

•Roll back of 3 sergeants vs. 6
            •Roll back of 7 investigators vs. 15
            •Lieutenant spot would be retained
            •Lay off of 2 civilians vs. 6.5
            •Lay off 16 officers, 8 vacancies vs. 25 officers, 8 vacancies

i would still apply because u never know the future

Comment

On Blue Line now.

Comment

i will be applying monday, also if you follow the site, they give a free study guide online, an online recruitment book etc, seems like a decent package offered, and an opportunity to gain a lot of experience in this place, so lets keep are fingers crossed, maybe the next 3 years they will hire 30 lol never know

Comment

According to the FOP they did not lay off and are not laying off. The union agreed to budget cuts that avoided this. This also means that they may not be hiring though, their manpower is down by around 30 sworn, but doesn't mean they're replacing them.

http://fop.net/servlet/display/news_...nocache=203219
                  Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

They did get the COPS grant last year to hire 50 officers, I don't think they used it yet...

Comment

Originally posted by nichtssagend86 View Post
                      They did get the COPS grant last year to hire 50 officers, I don't think they used it yet...
                      Do you have a source for this?
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        Do you have a source for this?

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/2010Aw...ard%20List.pdf

They're not on the 2010 hiring grants list, they did receive some 2009 http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/chrp_report.pdf CHRP grants.

Comment

They were talking laying off 17 in 2010, but didn't lay off any due to concessions the union made. So the COPS grant for 15 in 2009 was either used to retain 15 out of a potential 32 or it wasn't used at all. Or if Rockford is like any other city in Illinois the grant disappeared somewhere never to be seen again.

Comment

Wow, my bad. Time flies...I thought that was just a couple months ago and I thought that they got the same as Chicago. I had my hopes up...

Comment

Guys is this place even worth applying for??? I never here anything good about it on the forum.. But they always have a hiring sign up. Are they just trying to get some$$$

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6336 users online. 369 members and 5967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X