Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Dep. Sup's reasoning against CC in IL

From http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,2367469.story

"Chicago police Deputy Superintendent Steve Peterson argued against the legislation, saying its approval would make it more difficult for officers to identify the bad guys when they arrive on the scene of a crime.

If the bill to allow concealed weapons passes, "law enforcement personnel will be unable to react quickly and decisively because in the back of their mind they may think the person they confronted is carrying a weapon legally," Peterson said. "At this time there is no such obstacle.""

I'm not a police officer, but this strikes me as an odd argument. I would think most law enforcement, specifically those in Chicago's neigborhoods, would already be concerned about people carrying guns, legal or not.

The statement almost seems offensive to police officers. You won't be able to figure out if someone's good or bad because they're carrying a gun?

For you guys, is this something on your minds? Like I stated above, I would think officers would already be cautious enough about people having guns. Officers in Arizona, Florida, California, Texas, etc. seem to be able to do their job despite different gun laws.

Edit: Upon further review, I think I see what he's saying. I was thinking in the context of being concealed. I think he's talking about pulling up to a scene in which someone has a gun out, but that person may be carrying legally. I still don't know if I buy that as an argument against concealed carry.
    Last edited by Item9; 03-09-2011, 12:25 AM.

Somehow 48 other States have been able to work through these issues. IL. truly is Special Ed. He got his job due to clout, therefore his must spout the opinions of his clout which would be anti-gun.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

^^^^^ +1 YUP! Way to go on that vote Chicagoans! You see how effed up the City is, CPS and CTA especially. Who's been running the show in Chitowne for past..what..30 years? DEMS. You want real change? Vote a different party for a change you idiots! Daily might as well have stayed in office.
      One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

I have been reading that their is a possibility of the concealed carry bill finally being passed this year. Anyone think it will?

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog View Post
          ^^^^^ +1 YUP! Way to go on that vote Chicagoans! You see how effed up the City is, CPS and CTA especially. Who's been running the show in Chitowne for past..what..30 years? DEMS. You want real change? Vote a different party for a change you idiots! Daily might as well have stayed in office.
          30 years?????

Try 80

Comment

CCW= A lot of dead thugs bottom line............ Sure there will be idiots who do stupid $hit but no more than what the currently is in IL. The key to successful CCW laws is training training training! Not only in shooting straight but responsible ownership.
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

The only reason that Peterson is against it is the amount of money that the CPD will have to put towards training us on the new law. God only knows that our training is top notch!!!

Comment

Its easy. Good guy will follow verbal orders to put the gun down. Bad guy will be the one pointing it at the police or running away. Also, if the good guy was in fear for his/her life from the perp, he/she would be the same when the police roll up with 6+ firearms to the scene, ready to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 363 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X