Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago State University Police testing, anyone know anything about this dept?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago State University Police testing, anyone know anything about this dept?

Chicago State University Police testing, anyone know anything about this dept?

Mutual aid agreement with Chicago. VERY VERY BUSY AND ACTIVE DEPARTMENT. A couple of the guys I work with transfered to my department from CSU.

I believe it is the same test as UIC. If my understanding is correct, all state universities use the same civil service exam.
    Last edited by goosethebird; 03-08-2011, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Stay away.

Comment

Chicago State is nothing like UIC, UI-Champaign, or any of the other U- PD's. The campus is basically walled in. You're not patrolling the neighborhood like UIC. I had a guy in the academy with me that was Chgo state, nice guy, but somewhat weird. More of a Community College sort of policing, .ie more security oriented. I remember when the CHA Police were abolished. All their squad cars (most were 3-7 years old) were brought to Motor Maintainance at 51st and parked. One day, months later, I saw about 3 of them driving out (like '91 Chevs) and asked one of the guys there where they were going . Told me Chicago State bought these ex CHA wrecks for squads.

Comment

Probably still got them...now with wood floor boards I bet too
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            Chicago State is nothing like UIC, UI-Champaign, or any of the other U- PD's. The campus is basically walled in. You're not patrolling the neighborhood like UIC. I had a guy in the academy with me that was Chgo state, nice guy, but somewhat weird. More of a Community College sort of policing, .ie more security oriented. I remember when the CHA Police were abolished. All their squad cars (most were 3-7 years old) were brought to Motor Maintainance at 51st and parked. One day, months later, I saw about 3 of them driving out (like '91 Chevs) and asked one of the guys there where they were going . Told me Chicago State bought these ex CHA wrecks for squads.
            I go to school there. I was talking to one of the coppers and he said they do patrol the neighborhood in the surrounding area. Maybe things have changed? Additionally one of the guys I work with lateraled from there. He said the same thing. He also said they ride on a lot of city calls just like UIC does. It is a small campus but from what I've heard they do a good amount of police work. I dunno, either way I'll take the test

Hey ChiTown did you hear anything about that retired sgt that went missing? I believe it was being investigated out of area 2. They were putting out all calls last week...
            Last edited by goosethebird; 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

They found him a couple days ago. If I can find the link on Chicago Breaking News I'll edit this with it.

Edit: Here is the NBC link.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...117466203.html
              Last edited by ModerateLiberal; 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

They found him on east 79th walking around. Good job to the coppers in 006 that found him for looking out for one of our own. Rumor has it that Hillard was out on his off time looking for him, also. If so, Good Job, Boss. Heard that the Sgt. walked away before and they found him something like 5 miles from his house. He has some health problems, glad he's home safe..

And Goose, you're probably way more up on Chgo State than me. They don't patrol to the extent as UIC does, which is basically most of the 012th Dist. as they have buildings, dorms, apts all over the west side, along with the students and staff living all over the area.
                Last edited by ChiTownDet; 03-10-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I filled out the app, haven't received a confirmation email or any further info.... anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by loyolapd
                    There website is just weird. Don't worry about it, you won't get one. I called human resources in reference to the samething. It's not emailed to you for some reason. As long as when you log back in, there is a tap at the top that says "View Completed Application" you should be good.
                    Kinda what I figured. I'll call Monday just to be sure.

Comment

i had the same problem , i have a confirmation number, not too worried, i wonder how many they will hire, the plus is atleast you would know a timeline to get hired , i wouldnt mind working here

Comment

I applied!

Comment

Yeah well no one said you have to be smart to work in HR.

Hey send me to the academy to do parking? Hell, if you're paying!

Comment

Anyone know what happens if you just took the UIC civil service exam? Will you need to retake it again?

Comment

Originally posted by nzayed89 View Post
                              Anyone know what happens if you just took the UIC civil service exam? Will you need to retake it again?
                              Call HR and tell them the date you took it. I believe you are allowed to transfer scores, pending it is the same exact version of the exam. If I recall, I dont think you can even take the test again in like a 60 day period or something wierd if I remember right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5778 users online. 346 members and 5432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X