Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Tac Officer Out Smarts Niles Police....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago Tac Officer Out Smarts Niles Police....

    Off-duty Chicago cop suspected of making bogus 911 call
    BY FRANK MAIN Staff Reporter/[email protected] Mar 8, 2011 10:26AM
    ShareE-MailPrint
    An off-duty Chicago Police officer was ordered to park his vehicle — and catch a cab or walk home — after he was stopped last year for speeding in north suburban Niles and admitted that he had been drinking, authorities said.

    But instead of accepting his lucky break, the off-duty Chicago cop is suspected of making a bogus 911 call to divert the Niles officer, authorities said.

    The Niles officer left to investigate the report of a fight at a nearby bar, but when he got there he realized the call was phony, Niles Police Chief Dean Strzelecki said Monday.

    When the Niles officer returned to the scene of the traffic stop, the off-duty Chicago cop and his vehicle were gone, Strzelecki said.

    The chief said his officer had smelled alcohol on the off-duty cop, who admitted he had a “couple of drinks.” But the Niles officer did not order the off-duty cop to undergo a field-sobriety test after the traffic stop shortly after 2 a.m. on Nov. 5.

    The Niles officer — whose in-car video camera recorded the incident — is not in trouble for giving the off-duty cop a break, Strzelecki said.

    “We don’t just do this for cops,” he said. “I tell my coppers ‘use your discretion.’ . . . I am sure if he [the off-duty officer] was falling all over himself, there would have been a different outcome . . . Sometimes my cops even drive people home.”

    A source confirmed the Chicago Police Department is conducting an internal investigation into the allegations against the off-duty cop, who is a tactical officer in the Jefferson Park District on the Northwest Side. The officer has remained on active duty during the investigation, the source said.

  • #2
    You know...chicago probably has 10,000 great coppers. The few f ups they have thoug make.it.harder for the rest of.us.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

    "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

    Comment


    • #3
      He was getting a professional courtesy break, one I hope to get when pulled over, and he wastes it by dicking the guy over! Smacks like he had waaay too much to drink. Now I bet that professional courtesy policy gets scrutinized by the village board and at the very least get s changed or someone gets reprimanded if not replaced.
      One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

      Comment


      • #4
        Bummer - I was just reading the thread about professional courtesy the other day. The consensus seems to be that courtesy starts with the offending officer. I'm guessing this isn't going to sit well with Niles PD, and I'm sorry they were disrespected like that by a fellow officer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice move, screwing over a copper in a PD that borders an area of the City where about 1/3 of our coppers live.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not just screwing over the copper, but making headline news with it! Bad move jerkass! Niles...don't take it out on the rest of us if you can. we really do appreciate the free passes we got
            One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

            Comment


            • #7
              Like Jeffil said, the city does have great coppers, but the few f ups think they are above the law and screw it up for everyone else.

              Comment


              • #8
                That is a total dick move. Will there be repercussions?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                  Nice move, screwing over a copper in a PD that borders an area of the City where about 1/3 of our coppers live.
                  Out of curiousity, do departments go to war with each other? Like ticket each other and not extend professional courtesy when things like this happen? I was on another forum and a Chicago cop said Wisconsin cops were known to ticket everybody and their own mothers if need be.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There have been occasions where neighboring towns had foregone the courtesies and been more aggressive with enforcement toward each other. It's usually over some hurt feelings from a stop or ticketing a family member or some BS. It tends to cool down when everyone realizes that there are no winners because it hurts both sides and that we are a sub-society that needs to take care of each other. This CPD PO violated the trust with his actions (if true) towards the NPD PO.

                    They will probably have to subpoena the CPD PO's phone records to see if he made the call, but I wonder their legal basis to do so. The CPD PO could probably get some time off knowing how the department is not putting up with **** that puts us in a bad light these days.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toorop View Post
                      Out of curiousity, do departments go to war with each other? Like ticket each other and not extend professional courtesy when things like this happen? I was on another forum and a Chicago cop said Wisconsin cops were known to ticket everybody and their own mothers if need be.
                      Funny you mention that - one of the cops I know said that the only time he hasn't received courtesy was when he got pulled over by a Wisconsin state trooper! As for the departments, I can't speak to that, particularly when you're dealing w/out-of-state P.O.'s, but from the thread on professional courtesy, it seems like its less common down South, and more common up North/Northeast. I read a lot of comments about Northern-state cops getting pulled over down south, and then Southern cops getting almost offended/insulted when the Northern cop showed badge/"tin".

                      I have tons of family in the 'burbs and even NW Indiana (the region) and I'm always driving around so I kind of consider the entire Chicagoland region to be my "home," and I would think the brotherhood would be particularly strong between Chicago and surrounding suburbs PDs. I imagine most folks here have family throughout the area. So there's a symbiotic relationship between the city and suburbs. This is especially true in parts of the city, like the NW and SW sides, where even if you live in city limits, you're probably driving through the suburbs or do your shopping there all the time. If you grew up on the Southwest-side, there was basically no way you could avoid Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park, Burbank, Hometown, etc. - same goes for the Northside w/Norridge, Harwood Heights, Lincolnwood, etc. So like ChiTownDet said, I don't think it's good to screw with these departments you could often possibly interact with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by markdh720 View Post
                        There have been occasions where neighboring towns had foregone the courtesies and been more aggressive with enforcement toward each other. It's usually over some hurt feelings from a stop or ticketing a family member or some BS. It tends to cool down when everyone realizes that there are no winners because it hurts both sides and that we are a sub-society that needs to take care of each other. This CPD PO violated the trust with his actions (if true) towards the NPD PO.

                        They will probably have to subpoena the CPD PO's phone records to see if he made the call, but I wonder their legal basis to do so. The CPD PO could probably get some time off knowing how the department is not putting up with **** that puts us in a bad light these days.
                        The Niles P.D. is investigating a case of a false police report. The prime suspect is the Chicago P.O. I would bet subpoenaing the records would be quite simple especially after telling the Cook County State's Attorney that the suspect is a Police Officer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Toorop View Post
                          That is a total dick move. Will there be repercussions?
                          How bout making a false report to the police?
                          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                            The Niles P.D. is investigating a case of a false police report. The prime suspect is the Chicago P.O. I would bet subpoenaing the records would be quite simple especially after telling the Cook County State's Attorney that the suspect is a Police Officer.
                            They will subpoena the tapes too. They can check his cell phone records and they can also tell where the call was made by finding what tower it went to when the call was made to pinpoint his location.
                            One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              this thread should be retitled: Chicago Tac Officer makes us all look like a***oles...way to go d-bag.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7089 users online. 365 members and 6724 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X