300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melrose CPAT???

Melrose is up on the blueline.com. I noticed it states applicants must obtain a CPAT certification trhough NIPSTA. CPAT is a firefighter's physical agility test and I'm wondering if this is an error. I am going to call tomorrow, I'll post my findings unless someone beats me to the punch.

Yeah that's gotta be a mistake. Keep us posted Goose.

Comment

Never got around to calling. Sorry. I'll try the PD tomorrow. Otherwise it will have to wait till Monday when the village is open again.

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time with this PD. I know a handful of coppers there and people that work for that Dept. and they all say that it's pretty much juice only to get in. Of all the officers that I spoke to, 100% of them had a helping hand in their hiring process. But, if you feel you have a legitimate shot, by all means, go for it brother.

Comment

Haha, no... I keep on forgetting...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephCHC View Post
            I wouldn't waste my time with this PD. I know a handful of coppers there and people that work for that Dept. and they all say that it's pretty much juice only to get in. Of all the officers that I spoke to, 100% of them had a helping hand in their hiring process. But, if you feel you have a legitimate shot, by all means, go for it brother.
            Yes it is, I learned the hard way. If you don't have clout, how you say it...forgeabaoutit

U.S. Border Patrol
            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Allistar View Post
              Yes it is, I learned the hard way. If you don't have clout, how you say it...forgeabaoutit
              The easiest way to not get hired is to not apply... I'll take my chances. Besides, my name ends in a vowel so maybe I have a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by goosethebird View Post
                The easiest way to not get hired is to not apply... I'll take my chances. Besides, my name ends in a vowel so maybe I have a shot...
                More power to you....I wouldn't waste my time though, it seems to me that "some" depts. might have their candidates chosen way before the testing process begins. They just go ahead with them for PR and/or finances. That's my .02

U.S. Border Patrol
                EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

"Yes it is, I learned the hard way. If you don't have clout, how you say it...forgeabaoutit"
                  You could say that about anywhere.

IF you score high enough on the written, and pass the POWER test (Regular NIPSTA card IS what they are using, NOT the C-PAt), they won't be able to fudge with the oral interview scores enough for this to be a complete throw away. It's all a matter of scoring well on the written and making it so that they can't bump people with the oral points.

Comment

Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                    More power to you....I wouldn't waste my time though, it seems to me that "some" depts. might have their candidates chosen way before the testing process begins. They just go ahead with them for PR and/or finances. That's my .02
                    Eh, your two sense might keep you from eventually getting hired somewhere... but to each his own. Shortly after I got hired by the department I'm at now, I found out that most people usually only get in by knowing someone. I didn't know anyone, but I got hired. Glad I took the test, otherwise I'd still be working in retail.

Everyone has there own theories on how to get hired, but when it comes down to it, the more departments you apply for the better chance you have of getting hired. There really is no way to disprove that fact. The worst thing that will come of testing for a juice job is that you will waste 15 bucks and a weekend of your time... best case scenario -you get hired. After 3 years, what's one more weekend? Continue to not waste your time and you will continue to not get hired by the departments that you don't waste your time on. Good luck in your endeavors.
                    Last edited by goosethebird; 03-14-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goosethebird View Post
                      Eh, your two sense might keep you from eventually getting hired somewhere... but to each his own. Shortly after I got hired by the department I'm at now, I found out that most people usually only get in by knowing someone. I didn't know anyone, but I got hired. Glad I took the test, otherwise I'd still be working in retail.

Everyone has there own theories on how to get hired, but when it comes down to it, the more departments you apply for the better chance you have of getting hired. There really is no way to disprove that fact. The worst thing that will come of testing for a juice job is that you will waste 15 bucks and a weekend of your time... best case scenario -you get hired. After 3 years, what's one more weekend? Continue to not waste your time and you will continue to not get hired by the departments that you don't waste your time on. Good luck in your endeavors.
                      Hence the fact that I said a "few" departments. It would be nice to know that everybody starts off on a level playing field. It's just after you test at one dept. and see/hear certain things in the media or from people, one can get discouraged from applying there again. And as for me, I'm currently scheduled to take medicals for 2 fed leo positions this week, and 1 position is on the other side of the country, so I think I'm not that picky. I also am on a few eligibility lists but we all know how long it takes before they get exhausted or expire. But good luck to you too, btw what makes you want to transfer out from your current dept.?

U.S. Border Patrol
                      EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Even if you don't get hired, I believe by testing and going through the interview process will be good practice at public speaking and will help you in later opportunities with other departments. For $15, not a bad investment.

Comment

I'm not trying to discourage any one. Not at all. I'm just saying, I've had conversations with several officers, including high ranking and this is the info I was given. I also know a few people that worked at this Dept. as civilians that also gave me this information. By all means, apply. You all have excellent points, I just don't want you to feel like you're not good enough or that you've been slighted if they go in the direction that I mentioned. For most people, especially now a days, landing a job in law enforcement is extremely tough. Just keep applying. Even if it's out of state.

Comment

It is hard to land a job now, might seem impossible sometimes with all these odds stacked against you, but I want it too bad to just give up. Perseverance is key.

U.S. Border Patrol
                            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Just took the written test this Saturday. It seemed like there was an unusually low amount of people there (<50). Is this typical for depts that aren't hiring right off the bat?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3401 users online. 210 members and 3191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X