300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Lawn PD

I'm sure this isn't news to most of us on here, but I see that Oak Lawn is now accepting apps. I currently have a few years on and have I been pondering the idea of moving on. Does anyone have any knowledge of the PD, the city of Oak Lawn, top out, etc.?

$52,941 STARTING SALARY
    $63,758 AFTER ONE YEAR
    $75,964 AFTER THREE YEARS

I don't know anything about the department.

Comment

Their application was free last time wasn't it? This is getting expensive...
      I wonder if they'll let me use the same letters of reference from two years ago...

Comment

I've been trying to find there budget for 2011. I want to make sure that they are hiring. Last time I know they had a lot of people show up to the testing. If any one knows where to find there 2011 budget can you send me a PM or post it. I think they hired last time around. I'm also looking at there 2010 Budget Workshop and it shows that police levels maintained with 5 vacancies. I wonder if they will be trying to fill those vacancies this time around. Any info would be great!! This is the year I'm getting hired I'm determined!!!

Comment

I've been waiting for this test to come up. It's finally here. I'll see you all there.
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
            I'm sure this isn't news to most of us on here, but I see that Oak Lawn is now accepting apps. I currently have a few years on and have I been pondering the idea of moving on. Does anyone have any knowledge of the PD, the city of Oak Lawn, top out, etc.?
            From the job description: Experienced Police Officers are encouraged to apply. To review our policy regarding Lateral Transfer Candidates visit our website at www.oaklawn-il.gov.

Sounds to me like they prefer laterals.

Sidenote... WOW that salary

Comment

Originally posted by niutrav09 View Post
              From the job description: Experienced Police Officers are encouraged to apply. To review our policy regarding Lateral Transfer Candidates visit our website at www.oaklawn-il.gov.

Sounds to me like they prefer laterals.

Sidenote... WOW that salary
              Due to the economy, if places are hiring at all, laterals/certified hires may be the hiring trend for a bit...

Comment

I dont even see the job application on the website, let alone the info for the laterals... Am I just not seeing it or does anyone have the direct link?

Comment

I agree 100% with laterals/certified. Lots of laid off cops right now!!

Comment

Oak Lawn is made up of about 60,000 residents. The general borders are Harlem, 87th, Pulaski and 111th. Oak Lawn PD is made up of a little over 100 cops (with a higher authorized strength number), with them being broken down into: Two K-9s, an Evidence Tech on every shift, detective division, Tactical Team and Gang Unit. Oak Lawn has an in-house, and fully staffed, lock up facility and lots of good equipment in the cars.

They currently work 8 hour shifts, 6 days on and 3 days off. First watch is 11pm-7am; second watch is 7am-3pm; and 3rd shift is 3pm-11pm (with early and late cars used to fill any gaps). Plan on taking your POWER test at the Oak Lawn Pavilion (on Oak Park Ave) and using free weights for the bench.

The probation period is currently 18mos, but there is a chance it could go upto 24mos soon.

Good luck to everyone who turns in an app.

Mark

Comment

A little help please....when I'm on Oak Lawn's website where is the information on applications and lateral etc.

Comment

No info on their lateral policy on the website. Anyone know if the 35yo age limit applies to lateral / certified too?

Comment

Originally posted by 19USC View Post
                          No info on their lateral policy on the website. Anyone know if the 35yo age limit applies to lateral / certified too?
                          The age limit does not apply to certified officers per ILCS 65 5/10-1.2-6 (D)

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                            Wow, some admin came in here and cleaned out a lot of posts.

Just picked the app up today. They are just handing out the apps, and the payment is made AT the written test. That on its own is going to take FOREVER. Who thought of that one . . . All the information on laterals and what not, are including in the application packet.
                            can you say what it says in the packet about laterals?

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                              Let me see if I can summarize it. It is two pages long . . .

Basically, if you have a State of Illinois certificate and passed the Standard Basic Law Enforcement Training Course, you will have preference over non-certified applicants

Laterals will be highlighted on the Final Eligibility list so everyone will know who they are basically. They have to comply with all procedures, qualifications and standards during the original application process like everyone else. No more then 50% of the candidates can be appointed with preference in regards to laterals. The Fire/Police board can reject processing for a lateral for any reason. Lateral transfer candidates MUST be currently employed as a Police Officer. They have to have had AT LEAST 3 years of service to be a lateral. They have to have completed Basic Police Operations Training. Laterals if they get on will start at 65K. During appointment, the lateral with the highest score during the process will have greater seniority.

That's it in a nutshell basically. Like I said, it is two pages long. Other then that, laterals still have to take the written, POWER, oral, still turn in the same application and what not. Their process works the same as anyone elses.
                              thanks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11919 users online. 505 members and 11414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X