Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you picked up applications and are planning on attending the test this Saturday

Comment

Maybe because I'm new to testing for police in Illinois, but that test was kind of weird. It seemed more like a psych test than a written test. I've been a cop in Arizona for a few years and I have never seen a written like that other than during a psych.

Comment

Thats why I skipped this test

Comment

Originally posted by INKEDlawman View Post
          Maybe because I'm new to testing for police in Illinois, but that test was kind of weird. It seemed more like a psych test than a written test. I've been a cop in Arizona for a few years and I have never seen a written like that other than during a psych.
          You will run into a variety of written tests in IL, and some of them will seem like they dont relate to LE at all..

Comment

Originally posted by INKEDlawman View Post
            It's the worst test in the state. It's stupid, has nothing to do with LE, prides itself on just failing applicants and makes no sense. If you fail it, don't sweat it. There is only a handful of departments that has this garbage exam; Hodgkins, Countryside, Palos Hills to name a few. Out of all the exams I took, this specific exam was the ONLY exam I never passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
              It's the worst test in the state. It's stupid, has nothing to do with LE, prides itself on just failing applicants and makes no sense. If you fail it, don't sweat it. There is only a handful of departments that has this garbage exam; Hodgkins, Countryside, Palos Hills to name a few. Out of all the exams I took, this specific exam was the ONLY exam I never passed.
              Glad I skipped that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                One of the worst departments when it comes to testing process period.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyv748 View Post
                  One of the worst departments when it comes to testing process period.
                  I've heard stories. Met a guy who took the test, got called a few months later. They were gung ho for him. He finishes the process, was told he would be starting the academy when a date opens up. Two days after getting told this, he gets a "thanks but no thanks" letter in the mail with no reason other than "you don't meet the standards set for the title of Police Officer". When he called and inquired what happened, he was told they weren't hiring? wtf. Thanks for wasting his time, lol.

I never understood their logic of "the power test isn't important". Uhhh, its important when you get into the academy, can't pass it and they fail you the first week.

Comment

Yeah I got the same exact letter. Tried to call and they refused to give me a reason. PM me if you'd like to hear the whole story, there's alot more to it. I feel for anyone that has to suffer through their process. I think they only got 2 people out of like 300 that passed the test 2 years ago. That should tell you something right there.

Comment

I remember taking the test back in 2008 or 2009 and getting to the Psych and not hearing anything back. So i went to Arizona and got hired on. I don't remember how long it took of them to get the results back and get back to you? anybody have an idea?

Comment

Has anyone received anything back from this testing company yet in regards to the test results?

Comment

Just received a letter today. I got a negatory. Trying not to be too bummed by it since I've heard nothing good about their testing process. Oh well. Good luck to all else who tested !

Comment

I received a congrats letter today. Oral Boards in July.

Comment

Oral Interview on 7/13

Comment

Originally posted by Shmandalynn View Post
                                Just received a letter today. I got a negatory. Trying not to be too bummed by it since I've heard nothing good about their testing process. Oh well. Good luck to all else who tested !
                                Dont be bummed, dust yourself off and move to the next application process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9610 users online. 396 members and 9214 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X