300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romeoville

Did anyone who took the test and interview recently get a call for a poly?

Originally posted by Exodus259
    Recently? Romeoville has been telling me constantly that they had no plans to hire/test, etc because of their economy? When did they test??
    Yeah really. I have a friend who used to work there, and she said they were testing soon. I didn't think they did already.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

The test was back in march of 2009.

Comment

Do you think they would administer polys if they weren't hiring
        Last edited by Alpha111; 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Well this is up on the blue line. Anyone have more information about the department?

Comment

I see they updated TheBlueLine page finally, it said 48k for a while. I doubt they will hire if they did lay offs, especially if this was a couple of months ago. They would have to re-hire the Officers who were first laid off & come up with money for new hires. This seems like a tough sell, especially with the new PD & Village Hall as Exodus mentioned.

Comment

Anyone know if Romeoville has a residency policy?

Comment

It doesn't say on the site/Blue Line, but I believe it is 20 miles from town.
                +1 The majority of Suburban departments usually got with the 20 mile rule, at least all the ones I've tested with did.

Comment

Does anyone know what kind of days off rotation, which pension they are in, which union they have?

Comment

Their test conflicts with Barrington. Decision time.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
                      Does anyone know what kind of days off rotation, which pension they are in, which union they have?
                      Dont know alot, but I do know they have MAP for their union.

Comment

Ok. So this is a strange department. I went up there today for the app. They know nothing about what test is being used, what fee there is or when you will pay it. You just fill out a one page application with basic information. Then the orientation is May 7th along with the written. At the oriention is when they are going to explain the process, "residency", pay, etc.

So as for any questions about the department, good luck getting any info out of them. Three different people knew nothing about the process, hiring, etc.
                        Do you have to turn anything in with the app or can it be filled out right away there?

Comment

Does anyone know who administers the written test? Cops RM or Post?

Comment

Inferno, my guess is POST. Generally with COPS, they give you that little sheet about the info regarding a study session. Resource Management is usually done through publicsafetyrecruitment.com

Again... just a guess but I bet it will be the POST test.
                            Last edited by niutrav09; 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I've only been to one COPS test where they have handed out that study sheet before hand. I've taken COPS 4 times now. They don't always hand out that sheet.
                              Really? I get that sheet everytime. I stand corrected.

Sidenote... I attended the study session once. I got nothing out of it. Just a heads up in case anyone here ever considered dishing out the 30 bucks for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5685 users online. 330 members and 5355 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X