300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncmay View Post
    Too many people just looking for a job and just think it would be fun to be a Deputy Sheriff.
    And the sad thing . . . Is that they will probably get 20-30 no shows at the test, which wastes those applications. Then another batch of 50 or so will fail the written, and another batch of maybe 20-30 will fail the physical. Yet people who legit want this job, get shafted.

Comment

I got there right at 10am and I was in the 190s.

I saw a handful of people either leaving or walking in after me that I know won't be able to pass the physical fitness test. There is no way in hell they'll be able to do the situps. I think these people see current officers that are overweight and figure they can be an offier as well. Just like when I took the CPD test, a gentleman right behind me had no idea what the P.O.W.E.R test was, he was taking the test because his family told him that the CPD was hiring, that he should apply.

Comment

Guys. Don't sweat it. They take forever to hire.
        "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

you wouldnt get shafted if you showed up at 8am.

Comment

Some people have jobs to be at?

Comment

I agree, Raiden341. I can't take day's off just to pick up an app, if it was a weekend I would of been there by 7:30.

Comment

Just like Raiden said some people actually have to work at 8am on a Monday!! So hence why I was there at 3:30
                Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                you wouldnt get shafted if you showed up at 8am.

Comment

Can anybody update me on hiring process..It took me 2 years to hear back for a interview and background investigation. Have they hired anybody recently off 2010 list..

Comment

A guy I know just got hired from 2010

Comment

Its a slow process...

Comment

Agreed. I just now got to the psych after 2 years. I hope this is it.

Comment

Got interview with meritt board coming up. A lil different from cook county. Anything I should be worried about?

Comment

Do you have psych already? Head that there's no polygraph..is that true?

Comment

I just sent in the application from the last test they did; has it taken about 2 years for most people who have been hired by DuPage? Just trying to see if I should keep looking but I would prefer to be hired by DuPage.

Comment

Keep going! I took my medical 4 weeks ago and still have not heard anything yet. Its been over 2 years now to get to this point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9878 users online. 471 members and 9407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X