Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they must be starting their backgrounds....I was told that they have a new investigation company. I just recieved the first of the "credit union" check inquries for DuPage.

Comment

Goin in on Monday at 2pm for the Background interview...any suggestions? Anyone been through it and can shed some light? Can I dress more casual? Wish me luck!

Comment

I wouldnt dress too casual. The background check company is new to the sheriffs office so you might want to make a good impression. Looking presentable will never hurt your chances.

Comment

When I was in the background phase for the department I ended up getting hired for, I dressed like I was going in for an interview for each phase. There were a couple of phases where they told me how to dress, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend being too casual.

Comment

Originally posted by jarbee25 View Post
            Can I dress more casual? Wish me luck!
            You shouldn't unless you are looking to be removed from the hiring process. Why give them any reason to say, wow this guy doesn't want this. You should always represent yourself as professionally as possible. I dont care if its an at home visit or a minor meeting with your BI, I would be in a suit every time.

Comment

rest assured I went dressed to impress. The new company is fast and thorow. I hope to hear something soon. It was just a question, and thanks for the responses, but I dressed as one should for any interview. I was just getting as much information as poss. Thnx. Has anyone gotten the results back from their background recently?

Comment

Background? I haven't even had my interview yet!! Congrats on your process moving fast. Hopefully my call will come soon. I know I didn't score very high on the test but I still passed. On the initial list I was number 111. I guess there taking there time.

Comment

They are, but rest assured that when you get to background, they new company they hired is quick and relativly painless....

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                    They give you any indication of when they end interviews or when a list is released?
                    I have been told that they are filling up to augment the many expectant retirements comming up.

Comment

they test what every 2 years for corrections? the last was what last year?

Comment

September last year

Comment

I am going in Thursday for my next interview with the Commisioners. I have a feeling we are gonna go over my background investigation. Any thoughts on this part of the process and any thoughts on whats next from someone who made it through?

Comment

Has anyone had any more contact with Dupage? I still have not been contacted for my Interview. We tested back in Aug of '10. I believe my number was just over 100. Anyone around my number get contacted yet?

Comment

Im not in the running for Dupage; however, I know that my friend is in the mid 50's and he has not moved along in the process at all. Hope this is some information that you could use. Good luck.
                              Last edited by 383897; 04-16-2012, 05:58 PM.
                              "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

They're testing again this summer.
                                "Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We're all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don't. You’re not doing anyone any favors by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting." –Jillian Michaels

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5214 users online. 277 members and 4937 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X