Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodfella
    replied
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions on a starting salary. Most depts start you out low and have a big jump from 1st year to 2nd year. If I remember correctly my starting pay was 44k and the 2nd year jumped to 55K. Our top end salary is right around 75K base. Everybody here is 90+ to 100K.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    My home towns next door neighboor! I am applying for sure!

Leave a comment:

• littleguy
    replied
    Nice professional department. If you're looking for excitement then don't waste your time. More community policing then actual crime fighting. 41,000 isn't a bad starting salary.

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    It is small, but mostly higher middle-class and wealthy communities. I believe the surrounding agencies (mokena, new lenox, orland, matteson) pay much more.

Leave a comment:

• Mjaga
    replied
    I'm not too familiar with that area, but it seems it's a smaller community, which would coincide with the lower salary, correct? Population density seems to be lower compared with most of the Chicago suburbs.

Leave a comment:

• cubsfan07
    replied
    I heard that they micro-manage everything you do there. But that's just what I heard. Does anyone have any first-hand, specific information on this dept.?

Leave a comment:

• pnwcopper
    replied
    A buddy of mine works for them. He has nothing but good things to say about them. When I talked with him a few weeks ago he stated they would be hiring.
    Last edited by pnwcopper; 01-13-2011, 10:46 AM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• ChgoPaintball
    replied
    On their last test. Along with a buddy of mine. Neither of us got a call. Back then, they were only planning on hiring 1. Thats all i know of. Cant recall what test it was but according to blue line, public safety recruitment....so im guessing their test. just a hunch.

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    Their pay is less than I expected. Just an observation.

I'm very familiar with the area, but not at all with their police department. Six or seven years ago I worked at the Nursery on LaGrange, and met a few officer picking up retail thefts. They were all very nice.

I'm also not sure about their previous test/list.

Leave a comment:

• BMW1984
    started a topic Frankfort IL

Frankfort IL

Saw there testing again. Did they exhaust there old list already? Are they gonna hire? Did they hire any body off the old list. I took the test last time didn't pass the written. Good luck.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7813 users online. 390 members and 7423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X